Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
The top 2 teams, by NET, in each major conference that miss the NCAAs get an auto-bid and the right to host. As of today, Northwestern and Ohio State are 52 and 53 in NET, so there’s a real chance Iowa could miss out.
Northwestern is a lock to the NCAA Tournament. Iowa is going to get a home game in the NIT.

• Agree
Reactions: cyguy9320

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Even Perkins whose minutes/per I just posted...we're seeing this year he has some big assist games and he's actually one of the better point guard skill sets they've had in decades...the thing they've most lacked.

Perkins is way more talented and going to get 1300 less minutes than Connor.

I think if he played Murrays the minutes they deserved right away they both leave for NBA a year earlier, but he also might have finally actually won something in the NCAA.
What little I have seen of them, Perkins looks like he would benefit by a transfer. He has a more complete game than the others.

The older Sandfort is just there to jack threes. I’m not sure about his brother, haven’t seen much of him

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
I actually thought ISU would have a larger discrepancy of NCAA appearances during this time.
Maybe now you understand how the rest of the world sees the big ten as vastly over-rated. They get a ton of undeserved rankings, appearances and seeds and get turbo bounced early regularly.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've honestly always liked Perkins. I would've taken him on an Otz team with how hard he plays. He's a little whiney, but that's a reflection of his coach.

And yes to the Murrays. Good chance we're not still making fun of them for their S16 drought...

It's like Fran is just now realizing you can have a big athletic point guard and sometimes he plays that role amazingly well. You could have built around that from the start. That doesn't address they're consistently bottom 10% of defenses in power conferences though.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Northwestern is a lock to the NCAA Tournament. Iowa is going to get a home game in the NIT.

It's funny NW is a "lock" but Big 12 has 30ish ranked Net teams that aren't even considered.

Luckily it gets to play out in real life and not in sports media so they'll have the least wins per team as they have almost every year since MSU won it in 2000.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Maybe now you understand how the rest of the world sees the big ten as vastly over-rated. They get a ton of undeserved rankings, appearances and seeds and get turbo bounced early regularly.
Plus he must have forgot that we had to endure the Prohm era