Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Pacers GM gives Iowa coach's son a job. Iowa coach gives Pacers GM's son a spot on their roster. It's how the world works.
So we should expect this kid to be given a scholarship here in a few weeks once Fran fails to utilize the portal again? Got it.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I have no idea if Iowa is going after Wolf, but Feuerbach's boyfriend is Poulakidas from Yale. He went off against Auburn in their first round upset, but I don't think he's in the portal
Maybe that's the guy? Idk I just heard in passing she was dating the big guy for Yale

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So stupid. Go play.
Oklahoma, St. John's, Pitt, Indiana, Memphis & Ole Miss all declined NIT invitations.
I hope they realize that there are programs that feel like they might miss out on someone in the Portal if they are busy with NIT and they change things next year so the Portal doesn't open at least until after the NIT Championship - preferably until after the NCAA Championship.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

2024-2025 Men's Basketball Roster (10 on scholarship)​

2 scholarship "guards" currently (Harding and Dix).

Current 2024-2025 Roster:
Freshmen: 2 players

6'7" PF Cooper Koch
6'8" PF Chris Tadjo
Sophomores: 4 players
6'10" C Owen Freeman
6'0" PG Brock Harding
6'7" PF Pryce Sandfort
6'8" PF Ladji Dembele
Juniors : 2 players
6'5" SG Josh Dix
6'11" C Riley Mulvey (***) -- on Nov 13, 2023 it was announced that Riley was redshirting the 2023-2024 season. He was originally scheduled to graduate in 2025.
Seniors: 2 players
6'7" F Payton Sandfort
6'9" F/C Even Brauns--a Belmont transfer and Iowa City (IC West High School) native. On May 8, 2023, Iowa officially announced that Even had signed with the Hawks. He had 2 years eligibility remaining at Iowa.

4 Notable Walk on players:
Freshmen: 1 player

Trey Buchanan—6’1, 175, combo guard, Westfield, IN (Westfield HS). On March 18, 2024, Trey announced that he was joining the Iowa program as a preferred walk-on. Trey is the son of Indiana Pacers GM Chad Buchanan.
Sophomores: 1 player
Spencer
Hutchison-- 6'4 guard who prepped at The Episcopal School of Dallas, TX. On Sep 21, 2023, it was announced that Spencer had been added to the 2023-24 roster as a walk on. Spencer graduated high school in 2022. It appears he did not do anything for the 2022-2023 academic year and took a year off. It was reported that "he appears to have taken a gap year after his senior year of high school & enters the program as a 20-year-old redshirt freshman." He is scheduled to graduate in 2027.
Juniors: 1 player
Carter
Kingsbury--a 2021 6'5", 230 lb shooting guard; on July 10, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on. Carter ended up redshirting the 2021-2022 season so he is now scheduled to graduate in 2026.
Seniors: 1 player
Luc
Laketa--a 2021 6'6" wing/forward; on May 13, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on.
So many of these names just simply sound pasty.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I have no idea if Iowa is going after Wolf, but Feuerbach's boyfriend is Poulakidas from Yale. He went off against Auburn in their first round upset, but I don't think he's in the portal
Good info. I just went off of Yale player in portal and noticed Wolf was from Illinois too, so researched him.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I only caught a handful of EIU games last year, but I just do not see the talent on this roster to be a tournament team even if they add players. Freeman is a very good player, Sandford is off and on, Dix came on at the end of the year, but that just got him up to average at best and I see nothing in the Harding kid besides being a good passer.

Unless Sandford and Freeman can get you 45 to 50 a night, its going to be a long season over there to the East.
Each?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Probably fair. Speaks to the value of CC

Maybe. This Iowa team has some really good pieces. I think they crack the top 25 again personally. CC was the star but this team might balance better without her. Sure she can shoot but the past couple of games she also cost them points with wild shots that missed and some turnovers.

• Agree
Reactions: cyguy9320

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
This will not go over well in some places.

Ah yes, ISU women are ranked 10th in the nation for next year and Iowa is not ranked. Natural order has been restored. :)

Look at the silver lining, hawk fans. Although your attendance at women's games will collapse, your average attendance for the men's games will rise dramatically from around 5,000 to 6,500.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Maybe. This Iowa team has some really good pieces. I think they crack the top 25 again personally. CC was the star but this team might balance better without her. Sure she can shoot but the past couple of games she also cost them points with wild shots that missed and some turnovers.
They lose a lot of Covid year players, IIRC. Martin, Davis, Marshall, and that number 44 I think were all 6th yearers.

• Winner
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Time for Iowa fans to stop pretending they care about womens basketball.
You mean time for Iowa fans to start following and cheering for Audi and company, like we were supposed to for CC and company. I am sure there will be daily writeups and TV segments on the Iowa State men's and women's team (since both are top 10).

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
You mean time for Iowa fans to start following and cheering for Audi and company, like we were supposed to for CC and company. I am sure there will be daily writeups and TV segments on the Iowa State men's and women's team (since both are top 10).
I know, we all know they will, it's good for the state, after all!

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
They lose a lot of Covid year players, IIRC. Martin, Davis, Marshall, and that number 44 I think were all 6th yearers.
I have no idea what they have coming in, but they lose 4 starters this year and have 5 players as Seniors next year (Covid years are finally done after next year so no extensions). They only have 4 valid players on current roster for two years out (to their credit they honored a scholly to a girl who had career ending injury after signing). IF they can get players in the portal, not a big deal, but neither Iowa team has done anything noteworthy in the portal in any season yet.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have no idea what they have coming in, but they lose 4 starters this year and have 5 players as Seniors next year (Covid years are finally done after next year so no extensions). They only have 4 valid players on current roster for two years out (to their credit they honored a scholly to a girl who had career ending injury after signing). IF they can get players in the portal, not a big deal, but neither Iowa team has done anything noteworthy in the portal in any season yet.
Career ending injuries can be applied to the NCAA and not count against your total. So that won’t tie up a scholarship.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
They might benefit from getting out of the spotlight but her passing and the spacing she produced are going to be sorely missed.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10