Transfer Portal in wrestling

fitzgev

Jan 8, 2011
I don't always believe Mineo but could be right here- my Penn State guy was pretty sure about this early yesterday, he has good sources inside the program and changed his outlook last night
I think he tends to be more accurate than given credit and is getting the scoop faster than Flo or Rok, but I agree I take any internet news with a touch of skepticism.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I think he tends to be more accurate than given credit and is getting the scoop faster than Flo or Rok, but I agree I take any internet news with a touch of skepticism.

It is easy to look accurate when after being proven wrong you simply delete your incorrect social media posts.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Not sure if it's been in here yet or not but Tat Battani to South Dakota St.

So is this bad for ISU wrestling? My knowledge of ISU wrestling is popping into the wrestling thread reading up and keeping my head down. Admire you guys commitment to a sport I don't know much about.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
So is this bad for ISU wrestling? My knowledge of ISU wrestling is popping into the wrestling thread reading up and keeping my head down. Admire you guys commitment to a sport I don't know much about.

Tate was a good depth guy that wrestled well when Colbray and Joel Devine were injured last year. Depending on how he develops it could be a loss but with Colbray, Broderson, Devine, Manny Rojas coming in, Yonger/Coleman at 197 it might have been hard for him to find the mat again at Iowa State. Seemed like a nice kid and wish him luck at SDSU.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa

I would say good for Tate. I don't think he would be a regular starter for Iowa State in the forseeable future

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
He’s making a smart move to get in a lineup. Would it have been better with him? Probably. But there are guys that are/should be ahead of him. It makes a lot of sense for him. He wasn’t a consistent starter by any means and saw the matches he did due to injuries ahead of him.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
He’s making a smart move to get in a lineup. Would it have been better with him? Probably. But there are guys that are/should be ahead of him. It makes a lot of sense for him. He wasn’t a consistent starter by any means and saw the matches he did due to injuries ahead of him.

Agreed. He looked pretty decent in his starts and seems like he has some good upside, but I doubt he'd see the mat in our lineup.

Seems like a nice kid and he's a homegrown Ballard guy so I definitely wish him the best and hope he develops and finds his way to a starting spot with SDSU.

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Interesting that Suriano entered the transfer portal again. Word on the street is that Arizona State is the landing spot, but who knows.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
ASU is the rumored landing spot because he's been training out there and loves Perry. If that happens I suppose McGee would bump to 141 for them and then Courtney/Suriano in some order at 125-133. Parco was going to go 141, but he could slide back up to 149 where he finished 6th. That'd be a salty lineup with Teemer, Valencia, Schultz, etc. all there too.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Hunter DeJong in the transfer portal. Also other names of note Boo Dryden from Minnesota at 133 and Trey Munoz of Arizona state at 174. Munoz is a big one the kid is good. Quinn Kinner at Ohio state to Rider and Matt Ramos of Minnesota to Purdue. That is a great one for Purdue he will fit right in at 125.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Wasn't Munoz their top guy at 174? It's always a head scratcher to me when the top guy transfers out. I wonder what the story there is. Maybe Valencia is bumping up?

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Wasn't Munoz their top guy at 174? It's always a head scratcher to me when the top guy transfers out. I wonder what the story there is. Maybe Valencia is bumping up?
Heading to Oklahoma State? Good enough grades to get into Stanford? He’d be a huge addition as a Cyclone.