Transfer Portal in wrestling

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Well, in light of recent events. I'd say there's a better than good chance Brennan Swafford is available next year

Yeah his fam apparently threw a fit, which is weird considering he's behind one of, if not the best 174 guy in the country. Them and Minnesota were the only ones who didn't want Kem to go.

HARMCYN

Jan 20, 2012
Cambridge, IA
Yeah his fam apparently threw a fit, which is weird considering he's behind one of, if not the best 174 guy in the country. Them and Minnesota were the only ones who didn't want Kem to go.

If what they say is true ( Brands told them they were shutting Kem down for the season and Swafford would be the guy going forward- why they burned his shirt at the scuffle) then they absolutely should be pissed.

Blew a whole year of his eligibility wrestling in an Iowa Singlet at an open when he just as easily could have been unattached

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If what they say is true ( Brands told them they were shutting Kem down for the season and Swafford would be the guy going forward- why they burned his shirt at the scuffle) then they absolutely should be pissed.

Blew a whole year of his eligibility wrestling in an Iowa Singlet at an open when he just as easily could have been unattached

I highly doubt they told him they were shutting Kem down for the season. We just lost NB for the season to surgery and are going to need another 174, even with Kem back I doubt he goes every time the rest of the way. Swafford will likely get his chance.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I highly doubt they told him they were shutting Kem down for the season. We just lost NB for the season to surgery and are going to need another 174, even with Kem back I doubt he goes every time the rest of the way. Swafford will likely get his chance.
No way Kem wrestles every remaining dual. He looked solid in his return but he’s wrestling on borrowed time. Put him out there if they need the points if not keep him in the stall.

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
No way Kem wrestles every remaining dual. He looked solid in his return but he’s wrestling on borrowed time. Put him out there if they need the points if not keep him in the stall.

I'd be surprised if he did. Looked great last night for his first time back out there.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
He looked good against a completely overmatched wrestler. But as I was watching he seemed to be favoring the shoulder. Wouldn’t extend his arm. If that’s what he’s going to be all year 1) he may not make it to March and 2) if he does he’s not in the finals.

They get some tape of him wrestling this year and guys are going to be attacking that side, pressuring that joint. I hate to see anyone hit by injuries so don’t take my comments as gleeful. Merely my observation.

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
Kevon Davenport is in the transfer portal. Could be a solid addition for depth in the 149/157 spots. There is interest there as well. Plus connections with ISU (Rojas, Metcalf) & close with Carr. Was a top 20 overall recruit coming out of HS. Redshirted and has 4 years left.

Attachments

• E4046FFE-D3F2-4F08-BAC7-29C3DFA04B13.jpeg
    E4046FFE-D3F2-4F08-BAC7-29C3DFA04B13.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 55

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Kevon Davenport is in the transfer portal. Could be a solid addition for depth in the 149/157 spots. There is interest there as well. Plus connections with ISU (Rojas, Metcalf) & close with Carr. Was a top 20 overall recruit coming out of HS. Redshirted and has 4 years left.
Looks like he will only have 3 years left not 4. Still a great option I hope ISU is in the running

Reactions: cloneraslin