Transfer Portal Tracker

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
We just saw it with our two running backs.

Campbell knew what their intentions were. They weren't 100% committed. Ok fine, don't come to K-State.
I think they wanted to play and put more good film out there for their next step, and it looks bad to your future employer to quit with work left to do. I think Campbell caught wind of their designs and kept them back to send a message going forward.

Today, there isn't a game until the bowl. The people transferring will announce before then. If you know you're transferring, it doesn't do you much good to wait on getting your name out there.

FAFO

Oct 9, 2023
the pain train
I think they wanted to play and put more good film out there for their next step, and it looks bad to your future employer to quit with work left to do. I think Campbell caught wind of their designs and kept them back to send a message going forward.

Today, there isn't a game until the bowl. The people transferring will announce before then. If you know you're transferring, it doesn't do you much good to wait on getting your name out there.
or maybe they were on a plane before t giving break and said f that noise im gone, one is true you decide, ohh and there were others not a game just didnt see them as contributors before

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I'm happy athletes have more rights these days and they're no longer 'trapped' at their original school by the old NCAA rules which required all transfers to sit out a year (and in some cases lose a year of eligibility), and also permitted their coaches to decide which schools they could not transfer to.

However, the portal also reinforces the inability of so many athletes who cannot handle delayed gratification and who have a 'play me now or I'm outta here' attitude.

As they say, anyone can start something. The hard part is finishing something. The ability to work through adversity is one the most valuable lessons young adults can learn.

That said, it's complicated and I do believe there are many legitimate reasons an athlete is better served by changing schools.

Last edited:

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
This hopefully will be the biggest bummer of the transfer season. I had really liked the idea of Norton and Sama being a 1/2 punch. I really did think that Norton would be Campbells next NFL RB. His injuries definitely held him back his 2 seasons here.
This would be nice. Something about the KSU game really makes me feel good about the camraderie of this team. Like the majority of players on this team, especially the contributors, are really bought into what CMC is building here. Might be just my rose colored glasses however.

The one thing I think speaks volumes for the coaching staff is the willingness to play true freshmen, if they have proven that they can be ready

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This hopefully will be the biggest bummer of the transfer season. I had really liked the idea of Norton and Sama being a 1/2 punch. I really did think that Norton would be Campbells next NFL RB. His injuries definitely held him back his 2 seasons here.
Hopefully he goes back south warm weather might help keep him healthy.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I'm happy athletes have more rights these days and they're no longer 'trapped' at their original school by the old NCAA rules which required all transfers to sit out a year (and in some cases lose a year of eligibility), and permitted their coaches to decide which schools they could not transfer to.

However, the portal also reinforces the inability of so many athletes who cannot handle delayed gratification and who have a 'play me now or I'm outta here' attitude.

As they say, anyone can start something. The hard part is finishing something. The ability to work through adversity is one the most valuable lessons young adults can learn.

That said, it's complicated and I do believe there are many legitimate reasons and athlete is better served by changing schools.
Well, it should be just like the pros. When you don't feel like playing in a game, you just don't and still get paid, right? Or, when you don't like the situation you're in, you can just up and leave and go to another team, right? Just like the pros.

.....right?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Probably going to the naia route play for Dordt college or northwestern in orange city Iowa/ Dordt in Sioux center Iowa all near hawarden Iowa where his hometown is

I could see him at like SDSU or NDSU too. I would think he will at least have some FCS opportunities.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

cy4state

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2017
Nevada, IA
Including your highlight reel in your announcement that you're entering the portal. I'm probably just a little too sensitive, but that seems kind of tacky to me.
Treyveon McGee had has posted in the thread for his announcement. Broomfield retweeted it too which tells me there are no hard feelings, which is probable the case with most transfers.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Love that clip of Norton DESTROYING that WVU DB at the goal line last year for a TD. Wish him luck

Reactions: iacyguy

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Treyveon McGee had has posted in the thread for his announcement. Broomfield retweeted it too which tells me there are no hard feelings, which is probable the case with most transfers.
It's a business, no room for feelings.

• Agree
Reactions: exCyDing