Transfer Portal Tracker

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Nick Saban will go down as one of the best college coaches ever. And he has a career NFL coaching record of 15-17. Completely different game, winning does not necessarily translate that easily. And if he leaves OSU, here come the CMC coaching rumors

Tell me this is /s

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Nick Saban will go down as one of the best college coaches ever. And he has a career NFL coaching record of 15-17. Completely different game, winning does not necessarily translate that easily. And if he leaves OSU, here come the CMC coaching rumors
I am guessing they would promote Brian Hartline.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Why would he do that? It's Harbaugh that is shopping himself to the NFL every year. This year I think he'll take the Chargers job if/when it opens up. Then Day is in the driver seat of the B1G again.

You misspelled Bears job.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Heard what I thought was a good take this morning on FOX Sports. LaVar Arrington I think played at Penn State and was a 1st round draft pick. He said most players should only go in the portal if they already have a known destination. They are giving up a free education, good relationships, good training, good nutrition, good medical care. And there are a lot of kids that go in the portal and end up sitting on a couch with nothing. Even if you're content with moving downward, at least have a place to land before you jump in.

That's all fine and dandy but that ignores the fact that a lot of these kids are probably being pushed out.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Power 5 outgoing transfers into the portal per 247sports as of 12/5 @1PM with +10 transfers.

• Indiana: 22
  • Purdue: 19
  • Cincinnati: 18
  • Vanderbilt: 16
  • South Carolina: 16
  • Michigan State: 15
  • North Carolina: 15
  • North Carolina State: 15
  • Washington State: 13
  • Wake Forest: 12
  • Kansas State: 12
  • Kentucky: 11
  • Arkansas: 11
  • Iowa State: 11
  • Pittsburgh: 11
  • Ohio State: 10
  • Oklahoma: 10
  • Arizona State: 10
  • Texas A&M: 10
  • Florida: 10
  • Boston College: 10

• Sad
Reactions: khardbored

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Power 5 outgoing transfers into the portal per 247sports as of 12/5 @1PM with +10 transfers.

• Indiana: 22
  • Purdue: 19
  • Cincinnati: 18
  • Vanderbilt: 16
  • South Carolina: 16
  • Michigan State: 15
  • North Carolina: 15
  • North Carolina State: 15
  • Washington State: 13
  • Wake Forest: 12
  • Kansas State: 12
  • Kentucky: 11
  • Arkansas: 11
  • Iowa State: 11
  • Pittsburgh: 11
  • Ohio State: 10
  • Oklahoma: 10
  • Arizona State: 10
  • Texas A&M: 10
  • Florida: 10
  • Boston College: 10

So we don't even score big on outgoing transfers. Offensive crisis continues.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Something I just don't get. I'm a huge Matt Campbell fan. I understand coach speak. I realize you can only answer a question honestly as to what info you know at that exact time. But puzzled why MC would say the transfer portal was handled last week and that would be it for our players entering. He knew Dec. 4 was the portal opening date. He knows tampering/bribing unfortunatelyhappens. But admittedly, I cant remember if it was a Randy quoting him or who it was. So now we're up to 11 and it makes him look naive or dishonest or something. Or was he misquoted almost taking it out of context???

Yes, I realize players could be the ones that weren't forthcoming. But I still think Matt would have vaguely said "we'll see what the next few weeks bring, but I think we won't have many more" instead of how he answered it. Overall, I do realize it probably isn't a big deal. LOL

• Agree
Reactions: brycy

CYFanKC

Aug 8, 2023
Something I just don't get. I'm a huge Matt Campbell fan. I understand coach speak. I realize you can only answer a question honestly as to what info you know at that exact time. But puzzled why MC would say the transfer portal was handled last week and that would be it for our players entering. He knew Dec. 4 was the portal opening date. He knows tampering/bribing unfortunatelyhappens. But admittedly, I cant remember if it was a Randy quoting him or who it was. So now we're up to 11 and it makes him look naive or dishonest or something. Or was he misquoted almost taking it out of context???

Yes, I realize players could be the ones that weren't forthcoming. But I still think Matt would have vaguely said "we'll see what the next few weeks bring, but I think we won't have many more" instead of how he answered it. Overall, I do realize it probably isn't a big deal. LOL
It was mentioned before and I agree, but he probably didn't know who had already posted on twitter about leaving. I'd guess he knew most of them going in / they had already informed the school of doing so

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines

I bet he knew about everyone going into the portal, last week. So in a roundabout way, he didn't anticipate anymore surprises, even though they were surprises to us.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Not seeing any real impact players on the Iowa State portal after Sanders or Norton. And it makes no real difference whether you were informed. Are you buying all the premium info you can?

Reactions: cyatheart

Help Support Us

Become a patron