Transfer Portal Tracker

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
So many errors… :rolleyes:

He LITERALLY repeated EXACTLY what I said—and then you did too. And then you try to tell me something I distinctly did NOT say.

I said that the teams had been led in receiving by returnees, then transfers and JC’s through the first several years of the program. That would be guys like Lazard and Butler, transitioning to guys X and Eaton and Pettway.

This Fall was the first time since Deshaunte a CMC recruit led—but #2 was yet another transfer.

Starting from the top:

A. The Fiesta Bowl was 2021, not ‘20. And the first recruiting class that season impacted was the ‘22 class—the recruiting impact of a season is always the year after.

B. That ‘22 class of WR’s was Gaines, Essex and Adams. A four star, a high three star and a guy who had run a 10.49 100m. They were a clear step up in profile from preceding classes. That two didn’t pan out had little to do with actual talent.

C. The HS classes of what turned out to be actual WR’s prior to them were Scates, Shaw and Schlecker (‘18), Anderson and James (‘19), Jackson and Bitter (‘20) and Noel and Michaud (‘21).

Scates was a fluke signing (as was Isheem Young, but for very different reasons) because of his academics, and while Noel was merely a three star, he’s the only other player who profiles athletically with the last two (now three) WR signing classes.

Essex will only be a sophomore next Fall. Ngoyi, Black and Parkes are another notch up athletically from the ‘22 class—as are Eskildsen and Overby.

D. Deshaunte Jones caught 37 passes as a true freshman, Noel 39. I’m not sure how anyone could expect a young player to catch more than that in a possible breakout year next season. Or, conversely, how anyone can say that 20-30 catches isn’t a realistic possibility for a freshman.

I’m not saying that one of them will, I’m saying that’s the most can be expected from them.

Anyway, that is why the staff is looking for an upperclassman to come in and add experience to the room. Because a third wideout who could snare fifty would better complement Noel and Higgins.
The fiesta bowl was the 2020 season.

You compared Gaines to a HOF NFL WR and you couldn’t have been more wrong (again) about your evaluation of him.

You said they turned up the receiving after the fiesta bowl win and we’ve had exactly 0 WRs contribute from any class since the fiesta bowl win. If they were head and shoulders better than what we had been receiving/what is on the roster, they would be playing, and we wouldn’t have to continuously be relying on juco’s or transfers to lead us in receiving.

In the Campbell era, we’ve only had our third WR get 50+ passes once. We’ve only had our second WR get 50+ catches 3 times.

Please stop saying things that aren’t true and acting like you’re relaying information from the coaches

• Disagree
Reactions: 1776 and wing59

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Agree, seems like the room is pretty solid. But wouldn't surprise me if we don't add a 5th guy.

Lee is coming in at semester, so the staff should have a pretty good idea if he can contribute in 2024.

I will curious how Harris and Hansen develop this off season. Based on being a Stanford transfer, I expected Harris to play a lot of snaps in 2023. So I feel there are questions there.

After seeing Hansen play some this year, I am excited to see his development over the off-season. He looks like more of a one-cut and go back. Could he be ISU's power back? Can he play any 225-230 and not lose any speed/quickness? At a minimum, he's a solid blacking back and pass catcher.
Agree on Harris
Did not play at Stanford
Did not play here
????

Like Hansen as a situational player
Sama really good
Army game kid unproven

We need to find one more RB - portal or JUCO

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Agree on Harris
Did not play at Stanford
Did not play here
????

Sama really good
Army game kid unproven

The good thing is we have a number one running back heading into next season. The rest will be good enough to carry the team. Probably just need a guy that if everything else goes bad, he can contribute

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
The good thing is we have a number one running back heading into next season. The rest will be good enough to carry the team. Probably just need a guy that if everything else goes bad, he can contribute
Agree
Injuries happen.
Not everybody is Troy Davis - a million carries and no injuries.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Agree on Harris
Did not play at Stanford
Did not play here
????

Sama really good
Army game kid unproven

The guys that left weren't exactly great so unproven could be better then what we had.

End of the day I prefer the guys that want to be here.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Agree on Harris
Did not play at Stanford
Did not play here
????

Sama really good
Army game kid unproven

I would be surprised is Hansen is not the designated #2 and they have full confidence in him if Sama gets hurt. He got some real reps. Outside looking in, I think the coaching staff sees Hansen as just a step behind Sama.

The concern is if either of them have a season ender. Then you have depth issues, and Harris and question marks become important.

If the OL takes another step forward, there will be enough run game, and plenty of pass game, and it will be just fine regardless.

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
I would be surprised is Hansen is not the designated #2 and they have full confidence in him if Sama gets hurt. He got some real reps. Outside looking in, I think the coaching staff sees Hansen as just a step behind Sama.

The concern is if either of them have a season ender. Then you have depth issues, and Harris and question marks become important.

If the OL takes another step forward, there will be enough run game, and plenty of pass game, and it will be just fine regardless.
I liked what I saw out of Hansen. He was able to get reps/carries as a true freshman in a crowded RB room of similar talent.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
It’s a little different when you’re able to go to practice and talk to the coaches whenever you want vs relaying information he’s getting from the 247 boards
To be fair not much information is on 247 anymore after Osen left