Tristan Enaruna Commits

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
My only question on Tristan is that it seems like the rest of TJ's pickups have been gritty lunch pail types, whereas the knock on TE at Kansas was that he seemed too laid back. How's he gonna fit into the culture TJ is building here? Is the thinking that putting him in this environment will change/improve his mindset?

P.S. I'm still really excited about getting him, can't teach his talent.
A change of scenery and expectations can completely change how someone operates. Tristan never had any issues that would disrupt a team, it was more that he was very reserved in his ways and that usually won’t work out at a place like KU where you’re going to be surrounded by tons of talent.

I’m hopeful that TJ can help get Tristan out of his shell and if he can do that, the sky is the limit for this 19 year old.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
My only question on Tristan is that it seems like the rest of TJ's pickups have been gritty lunch pail types, whereas the knock on TE at Kansas was that he seemed too laid back. How's he gonna fit into the culture TJ is building here? Is the thinking that putting him in this environment will change/improve his mindset?

When you’re the only one not putting in the effort, you’re more likely to start putting in the effort vs going to a locker room of other talented guys who can just cruise by.

• Informative
Reactions: Jkclone15

str8cashhomie

Jun 15, 2014
But why do the new ISU basketball program commitment graphics use duplicate offset layers of the word "Commited"? Why must they create a visual "shaken" effect? Is the student-athlete a bit shaky and not 110% committed? What does it all mean?

P.S. Welcome, Tristan. Let's kick some butt in Hilton.
I do some graphic stuff and a big thing right now is making stuff look like it's on a poster/piece of paper, with like stickers/pieces of tape and stuff slapped on, would imagine that's what they're going for.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

That’s just his personality.
Doesn’t mean he doesn’t work hard.

alenz95

Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
Im hopeful the change in scenery will help Enaruna develop. It has to be difficult at places like KU where you have to live in constant fear of getting over-recruited by an incoming class - especially when you aren't getting things going on the court. At least here he should know we will give him the time and opportunity to develop.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Im hopeful the change in scenery will help Enaruna develop. It has to be difficult at places like KU where you have to live in constant fear of getting over-recruited by an incoming class - especially when you aren't getting things going on the court. At least here he should know we will give him the time and opportunity to develop.
Someone linked a video from Michael Swain at 247 talking about Enaruna and he said that Tristan could benefit from a more free-flowing system, too. He said Tristan sometimes seemed paralyzed from fear of making a mistake and I've seen a few KU fans saying Self seemed to have him on a really short leash. All those things combined lead me to believe that the change of scenery could be really big for Tristan and he has a ton of potential that I hope we get to see him reach.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
can we stop going back to "but Prohm did this and he did that" ENOUGH! Let's just appreciate what TJ is doing rn

I agree but then you're also going to have to stop the other side from saying, "Prohm would've never gotten this recruit or Prohm couldn't do that."

Goes both ways unfortunately.

Reactions: Psiclone

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Every time I get excited about TJs recruiting (and it is exciting!) I remind myself that coach Prohm brought in back to back the best rated recruiting classes in Iowa State history and couldn't win with them. Not to derail the thread but I think the reason for that was that he was never able to get all of that talent to mesh which led to excessive roster turnover. I hope that TJ can get all of these guys on the same page and build a consistent program.
Exactly. I don’t remember a single TJ critic knocking his recruiting abilities. It was always game day coaching and X’s and O’s.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006

6'8" 215 lb wing transfer from Kansas. 2-3 years of eligibility remaining. Former top 60 recruit out of high school who attended Wasatch Academy in Mount Pleasant, Utah. Born in Almere, Flevoland, Netherlands

Evan Daniels scouting report (2018): Has very good size but just has average length for a wing. A high-major perimeter prospect. Is an impressive athlete that gets off the ground with ease and quickness. Has good shot mechanics and a smooth, easy stroke. He’s also a good passer. The next step in his development is improving off the dribble, as he’s more of a straight-line driver at this stage. Also needs to get stronger.

Great news. Excited for his potential down the road

Reactions: cyclonehomer

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Top 60 coming out of HS. I guess it's up to him if he wants to put forth the effort that gave him that rating. Averaging 2.6 ppg in limited time at KU doesn't scream.....watch out. But ratings saw something......and so does TJ. Hopefully the change of scenery brings out the best in him. And is it me or does that picture of him in an ISU jersey remind you of Nadar?
With his height and lankiness, and the number 13, I see more BDJ. Doesn't sound like he has the 7'1" wingspan or the handles that BDJ did though.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I’m kind of blown away by all the of “well these are Prohms players” talk. Well no **** Prohm was the coach a month ago. Was Matt Campbell not a good coach his first 4 years because he was using some players CPR recruited? TJ had to rerecruit Hunter, and Foster would have left if Prohm was retained. Foster wasn’t a “Prohm guy”, he came to Iowa State over his favorite team because of their recent winning track record and recent track record of putting guys in the NBA. Something that Fred started and Prohm was handed the keys to.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Exactly. I don’t remember a single TJ critic knocking his recruiting abilities. It was always game day coaching and X’s and O’s.

I don't disagree. The beauty of it is the fact that this all gets to play out. I feel we are improving the roster with the changes that have been made. Can't hurt his chances in the X's and O's, no matter what anybody thought of them before.

Just my 2 cents...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I’m kind of blown away by all the of “well these are Prohms players” talk. Well no **** Prohm was the coach a month ago. Was Matt Campbell not a good coach his first 4 years because he was using some players CPR recruited? TJ had to rerecruit Hunter, and Foster would have left if Prohm was retained. Foster wasn’t a “Prohm guy”, he came to Iowa State over his favorite team because of their recent winning track record and recent track record of putting guys in the NBA. Something that Fred started and Prohm was handed the keys to.

It's TJ's team on day one. Over half the team he just recruited or re-recruited. He also had a hand in building that program that put about 11 guys in the NBA recently.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I’ve also seen the small ball thing thrown around. In a way our lineup could be a blend of small ball and tall ball.

Tristan and Hinson are both listed as Guard/Forward. So at the same time our lineup could be either 4Guard or even 2 or 3 Guard. All without changing players.

But to an extent positions are pretty meaningless today anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
With his height and lankiness, and the number 13, I see more BDJ. Doesn't sound like he has the 7'1" wingspan or the handles that BDJ did though.
You’re right, he doesn’t have a 7’1 wingspan ;)

“Tristan is so long at 6-8, with a wingspan of 7-2, 7-3. He can really slide and move,” Self said

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/c...of-kansas/article237233634.html#storylink=cpy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron