ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Fanatics ---

Tune into ABC 5 tonight at 10 for comments from President Geoffroy. The guys also came by my place this afternoon to talk realignment. Assuming my comments didn't suck too much, they'll be on the news as well.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
ok, so for those of us out of the DSM viewing area. After this is played, can someone give a run down?

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Fanatics ---

Tune into ABC 5 tonight at 10 for comments from President Geoffroy. The guys also came by my place this afternoon to talk realignment. Assuming my comments didn't suck too much, they'll be on the news as well.

are Geoffroy's comments going to be different than his email to fans?

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I have a feeling if there was any promising news, we'd already know about it. Sorry Chris, I'll still watch though.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Fanatics ---

Is there going to be an explanation by Sally Mason, the Board of Regents or Governor Culver in regards to Sally Mason's "Yes" vote for allowing the University of Nebraska into the Big Ten knowing that this would be the only invitation extended to a Big XII school? Did Sally Mason push for ISU acceptance into the Big 10? Did the Board of Regents and ISU betray Iowa State University and in the process cost ISU tens of millions of dollars over the course of the next decade and hurt the state's over all economy? Did Sally Mason with her "Yes" vote send a message that money and greed rather than the best interests of student athletes is what should drive college athletics? Is there any chance of getting a United States Department of Justice investigation into possible violations of antitrust laws as it comes to conference re-alignment? Do you have any updates on the drafting of federal legislation to revoke the charitable, non-profit, status of conferences?

These are questions we want answered.

Last edited:

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Sally Mason voted on a measure that will increase the budget of her school's athletic department. For her to do otherwise would have been stupid. It may have been courteous, given the fact that everyone already knew they would have the necessary votes, but not sincere. I'd have been more upset if the BoR forced her to vote against the best interests of her school.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
News is on. Just saw a preview stating "how does conference realignment hurt the local economy."

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Is there going to be an explanation by Sally Mason, the Board of Regents or Governor Culver in regards to Sally Mason's "Yes" vote for allowing the University of Nebraska into the Big Ten knowing that this

No, I have no interest in her answers. This was about $$$ and there wasn't Jack anyone could have done to stop it.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Is there going to be an explanation by Sally Mason, the Board of Regents or Governor Culver in regards to Sally Mason's "Yes" vote for allowing the University of Nebraska into the Big Ten knowing that this would be the only invitation extended to a Big XII school? Did Sally Mason push for ISU acceptance into the Big 10? Did the Board of Regents and ISU betray Iowa State University and in the process cost ISU tens of millions of dollars over the course of the next decade and hurt the state's over all economy? Did Sally Mason with her "Yes" vote send a message that money and greed rather than the best interests of student athletes is what should drive college athletics? Is there any chance of getting a United States Department of Justice investigation into possible violations of antitrust laws as it comes to conference re-alignment? Do you have any updates on the drafting of federal legislation to revoke the charitable, non-profit, status of conferences?

QFT

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron