Twister Sister Summary - Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire!

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Does Ryan have a Covid year to use? If so does anyone know or think she will use it and come back for 1 more year? Since she had to sit for so much this year maybe?

I think this team has a bright future. But I also know how much of a contributor Ryan is to the overall game and team. She will be hard to replace.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Does Larry Morgan do his homework? Watch my recording after getting back from the game. At least three times he said Lee was 6'-4" when she is 6'-6". Also once confused Natabo with Diew. And did not know what happened when Lee was finally called for 3 seconds in the lane.
Larry is just very old. He should have retired years ago.

LurkingClone

Dec 13, 2017
Witness Protection
I'd have to echo Bill - that was one of the best WBB games I've seen in a while. Too bad it wasn't on a regular ESPN channel for the folks at home. Glad I saw it in person. The Hilton crowd was lit during the end of regulation and the OT periods.

Also glad to see Diew getting over her slump. The past couple years, she has been great in the late part of the season and that would be perfect to see again as we finish this one out and play the Big 12 in KC.

Go CYCLONES!

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
Does Ryan have a Covid year to use? If so does anyone know or think she will use it and come back for 1 more year? Since she had to sit for so much this year maybe?

I think this team has a bright future. But I also know how much of a contributor Ryan is to the overall game and team. She will be hard to replace.
Yes, My completely speculative opinion is that she will use it. She is coaching at Fennelly's new gym and clearly loves the game.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
We DO love them.

We want them here, we want to nurture their growth, and if blowing kisses is their response, that is wonderful.
Addy was being gracious to the fan hollaring "Happy Valentines Day" while she was shooting FT's. I'm guessing it was a high class KSU fan...maybe Tang.

• Funny
Reactions: StClone

Mar 21, 2021
Give the poor guy a break - he was awesome on KGGO back in 1981 - my Towers dorm room clock radio was set to his morning show! Respect your elders!
I never lived in the Towers. Is it true that they used to sway in the wind?

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
My 2 cents worth on the game.

Did we see the two best centers in the Big 12 go toe to toe with each other and not be able to tell who is #1 and who is #2?

Energy and motivation was very evident from this team. Rebounding showed it.

I thought coach did an excellent job calling plays, although at times if felt like K-State was dictating what personnel would be out there and B.F. was trying to match up. I also enjoyed the "max effort/energy" from the guards and forwards and rapid substitution. Seems like it was a go as hard as you can for a couple minutes and take a break. This worked because everyone bought in.

Crowd was awesome. At one time in OT my watch was reading 95db, Good for any game, over the moon for a wendsnday night at half capacity. At the end it was a game of "who wants it more" I think the crowd gave the ladies a little extra boost.

Last note, can Addy and Emily teach the men how to shoot free throws?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The women’s floors were lower and I never noticed it there, but one of my brothers was on the ninth floor and you could feel it there.

The football players lived there and vandalized the place pretty substantially. They liked to free the water fountains from the wall or load their bulk in the elevators and bounce.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I lived on 5th Floor of Wilson - Lamson House. You couldn't feel movement but the water certainly moved in the toilet bowls!

Now back to regularly scheduled programing - ISU fans are all smiles today after our young women defeated a worthy Top 10 opponent last night - the board is much more active following victories!!!

I'm sure BoxsterCy is enjoying his vacation, but he's going to be sad he didn't see this one live!!!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Does Larry Morgan do his homework? Watch my recording after getting back from the game. At least three times he said Lee was 6'-4" when she is 6'-6". Also once confused Natabo with Diew. And did not know what happened when Lee was finally called for 3 seconds in the lane.
Larry Morgan used to be decent but I just think he doesn't have it anymore.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City

I'm sure I'll be in the minority or by myself on this one, but I'm ready to move forward with the youth and another year of Emily Ryan will steal minutes better given to Ariana Jackson or incoming Reagan Wilson. The youth movement is underway - let's go with it!

I'll not criticize Emily Ryan and I'm pretty certain she's doing exactly what Bill wants her to do. Having said that, the box score doesn't lie. ISU was (-6) in the 40 minutes Emily Ryan was on the court last night and +6 in the 33 minutes Ariana Jackson played. Other notables in that category:

Addy Brown +5 in 36 Minutes
Audi Crooks +9 in 35 Minutes
Kelsey Joens +12 in 30 Minutes
Nyamer Diew +2 in 27 Minutes
Jalynn Bristow +2 in 2 Minutes
Hannah Belanger -11 in 34 Minutes
Isnelle Natabou -4 in 11 Minutes

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Addy was being gracious to the fan hollaring "Happy Valentines Day" while she was shooting FT's. I'm guessing it was a high class KSU fan...maybe Tang.

I posted a photo of the KSU fan yelling during our free throws in Connor's article thread. He was a bit Tang-like in his social cluelessness.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I'm sure I'll be in the minority or by myself on this one, but I'm ready to move forward with the youth and another year of Emily Ryan will steal minutes better given to Ariana Jackson or incoming Reagan Wilson. The youth movement is underway - let's go with it!

I'll not criticize Emily Ryan and I'm pretty certain she's doing exactly what Bill wants her to do. Having said that, the box score doesn't lie. ISU was (-6) in the 40 minutes Emily Ryan was on the court last night and +6 in the 33 minutes Ariana Jackson played. Other notables in that category:

Addy Brown +5 in 36 Minutes
Audi Crooks +9 in 35 Minutes
Kelsey Joens +12 in 30 Minutes
Nyamer Diew +2 in 27 Minutes
Jalynn Bristow +2 in 2 Minutes
Hannah Belanger -11 in 34 Minutes
Isnelle Natabou -4 in 11 Minutes

Dont think you can look at 1 game where she had an off night shooting. (still scored 12 pts, by being perfect at the line.)

She had 12 assists, more than double anyone else on the team, hell either team, although 1 KS player had just over half the assists at 7.

Im all for the new players etc, but 1 player with all that experience is a big deal, with all the other young players. That experience is hard to replace.

Reactions: wbbnut

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Dont think you can look at 1 game where she had an off night shooting. (still scored 12 pts, by being perfect at the line.)

She had 12 assists, more than double anyone else on the team, hell either team, although 1 KS player had just over half the assists at 7.

Im all for the new players etc, but 1 player with all that experience is a big deal, with all the other young players. That experience is hard to replace.
Ok, here's the box score from the OU game, where Ryan played relatively well from a statistics perspective but the team still got dominated. I understand +/- isn't the be all end all statistic, but it's an interesting part of the story. Emily was -10 in 27 minutes while Ariana was -7 in 20 minutes.

Message boards are a fun way to spend the time between games, engaging in exchange of opinions. I'm just trying to spur some discussion while we all wait for Saturday at Texas! Go State!

Help Support Us

Become a patron