TX fires Herman

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I’m trying to figure out the rationale for this. At this point, I don’t think they’re going to manage to flip back their legacy OL kids who already signed LOI’s with Bama.
I think once the courtship of Urb went public they didn’t really have much choice but to move on from Herman. He was a wounded duck from that point.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Option 1: Booster pushed this to do something for the sake of doing something, long-term strategy be damned.

Option 2: There was one or more off the field incidents with Herman.

So, basically this is like Nebraska pushing Pelini out after failing to win championships and being a **** or it’s like Nebraska pushing Solich out for not winning championships and some (rumored) off the field issues.

Either way, there’s zero reason Texas shouldn’t have nearly every coach falling over themselves to get this gig. Yet, that’s not the case. That can only mean there’s huge issues with the people behind the scenes, there’s simply no other explanation.
Or coaches don't want to be fired in 3 years for only winning 10 games.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
So they fired one coach to hire another that is the same, with a worse winning %. Texas needs a culture change. They need a coach that will get the players to buy in. This hire will get the same results as TH got. Texas wants their own Saban, they tried that 4 years ago. The problem is there is only one Saban. They had the what they thought was the next best thing to Meyer, and that didnt work so now they are going to try the next best thing to Saban.

Reactions: joefrog

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Auburn's hire of Boise's Harsin seems today to be far better than what Texas got in Sark. But I remember all the smart people claiming Arizona got the better of ASU by hiring Sumlin over Herm Edwards. The latter got the last laugh on that one, didn't he.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think we dodged a bullet hoping we would be the first time Urban didn't completely dominate at his new school. MWC, SEC, Big Ten...he's done it everywhere and he probably would have won a title or two at Texas.

Who knows how they will be next year and near future. They weren't terrible this year with Herman.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Keep your eyes on Tennessee. Brass is trying to get rid of Pruitt (literally hired lawyers to investigate themselves lol). Bet that is where Herman goes if they can fire Pruitt with cause.