Tyrese got PAID

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Wait until we have a roster built to make a run to win the Big 12 and make a run at the Final 4 and hit up bank of Haliburton and Niang for a "free agent" or two to push us over the edge!

In all seriousness congrats to those two. Im a firm believer good things happen to good people. They are two of the very best!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Wait until we have a roster built to make a run to win the Big 12 and make a run at the Final 4 and hit up bank of Haliburton and Niang for a "free agent" or two to push us over the edge!

In all seriousness congrats to those two. Im a firm believer good things happen to good people. They are two of the very best!

It’s so cool that so many of our great players over the last 15 years appear to be just really nice people. Tyrese is going to be a star not only because he’s a great basketball player but because he seems to be a great kid. Hell, just looking at his smile would put anyone in a better mood.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Wonder what the true guarantee total is instead of what the potential max is? Either way I'm sure it is a lot!

I think it depends on the salary cap. Pretty sure NBA contracts are all guaranteed. Max Contract for his experience is 25% of the salary cap, so about $34M this year. Once he hits 7 years experience, it'd be 30%. There are escalators for awards too.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
If my math is right, he would have at worst, a 5% raise each year. So he would get about $180M. In reality, the salary cap will probably increase faster than that, so it's more like $200M guarantee.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I think it depends on the salary cap. Pretty sure NBA contracts are all guaranteed. Max Contract for his experience is 25% of the salary cap, so about $34M this year. Once he hits 7 years experience, it'd be 30%. There are escalators for awards too.
I think he was eligible for 30% of the salary cap due to his all star status this year.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That's not getting paid.

That's ****ing swimming in money.

giphy.gif

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
It’s so cool that so many of our great players over the last 15 years appear to be just really nice people. Tyrese is going to be a star not only because he’s a great basketball player but because he seems to be a great kid. Hell, just looking at his smile would put anyone in a better mood.
And if you ever met his parents, you'd see why. His dad would work double shifts to make it to all of Tyrese's games at ISU. Comes from great people.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
And if you ever met his parents, you'd see why. His dad would work double shifts to make it to all of Tyrese's games at ISU. Comes from great people.

And as John Walters has pointed out, both of Tyrese's parents came to all of the home and away games after his injury during his last year. They didn't have to do that. It wasn't because the team was doing anything amazing. Those games were tough.

I have no doubt that had he not been a sure thing in the NBA, he would have stuck around at Iowa State for all 4 years. He reminds me a lot of Breece that way.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron