Tyrese Hunter Enters Portal Again

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think that it's wise he got out of the P6 leagues. He'll have better "skills showcase" against the American competition.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Memphis announces NIL commitment…tyrese is all over that lol

Last edited:

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
I used to use that word that narrowly as well, but some dictionaries define it more expansively.

Merriam Webster:
: not according to or authorized by law : UNLAWFUL, ILLICIT
also : not sanctioned by official rules (as of a game)
I wonder if he’s got much of that money bag left, maybe he sent some to his family back home( I hope he did)…. But most likely his handlers got their hands on a good chunk. Too bad.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I wonder if he’s got much of that money bag left, maybe he sent some to his family back home( I hope he did)…. But most likely his handlers got their hands on a good chunk. Too bad.
I think his only family was an older brother.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Like I've always said, he was peaking at the end of his Freshman year. Like many players, it made it look like the sky was the limit, but I think he hit that ceiling earlier than most.

All of his stats are middle P5 average (meaning 150th or greater in the country in every column).

11.1 pts
2.9 reb
4.1 ast
2.7 to
71% ft

Since he left Iowa State, his stats in Points, Steals, Assists, and Blocks have all decreased even with an increase in minutes per game. Only thing mentionable is his 3 pt% is up... but it's on 25% fewer attempts and he's always hot or cold, no consistency at all.

On the flip side, Tamin (as a sophomore) has consistently better stats per game than Hunter (any year) in Pts, FG%, REB, Stl, TO on 1 less minute per game. REB is almost twice as high and assists are almost 1 per game higher with nearly 1 less TO per game.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I would say over the course of 3 years he's been extremely consistent as a good but nowhere near great player, biggest thing is he falls off against better competition. It seemed like the Big 12 was often too big for him, he could put up some numbers at Memphis though.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Memphis since Penny has taken over has wasted so much talent it's unreal. Just constantly underacheiving in a mid major. If TJ had the talent Penny get's he would have a Natty by now.
When I've watched Memphis they're really careless with the ball. I don't think the fundamentals are a strong suit in that program.

Reactions: Cyclad

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I would guarantee about everyone with a 401k has some shares in FedEx.

Just to be clear, our retirement money is helping to fund boys play mediocre basketball at a mid-major.

• Angry
Reactions: coolerifyoudid