Uber Ames

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Wow, great news for Ames. I think people would surprised at how many people will use this service. I took a cab 1 time when I went to ISU and it took about 45 minutes just to arrive on a Wednesday night. I think a 2 mile ride was $20. There were several times where I had to walk way out from West Ames back to the Campustown area because there was simply no other option after the CyRide stopped running. I will definitely utilize this after football games this Fall to get around town responsibly.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
When my dad and I get back to flying this fall we will certainly use it to get to/from games.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Looking forward to this... Rides are easy to split among friends, and cheap as dirt.

cyclone87

Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
How many Uber drivers do you guys expect there to be in Ames?

From the article:
“What we see in every market … is that service takes off and it grows very quickly,” said Mike White, general manager of Uber Iowa, who added that “hundreds of people” have already applied to be drivers in Ames.

Of course who knows how many will actually be approved.

Last edited:

Cyked15

Jan 27, 2012
This is awesome. I do feel bad for Fitz Taxi as they have been good to me (cant say the same for the other company), but 20 bucks each way to Main St from West Ames is steep. This will do great in Ames. Hope there are enough drivers.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Wow, great news for Ames. I think people would surprised at how many people will use this service. I took a cab 1 time when I went to ISU and it took about 45 minutes just to arrive on a Wednesday night. I think a 2 mile ride was $20. There were several times where I had to walk way out from West Ames back to the Campustown area because there was simply no other option after the CyRide stopped running. I will definitely utilize this after football games this Fall to get around town responsibly.

I've made the walk from Welch to Steinbeck far too many times.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron