UCONN vs Purdue Championship Thread

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
UConn has made the tournament kind of boring the last 2 years because of how good they are which begs the question, are they in the conversation for best team ever? We have any pick of those UCLA teams, the undefeated Indiana team, 1990 UNLV, 1996 Kentucky, 1999 UConn, 1992 or 2001 Duke, 2006 Florida. I don't know, they stack up favorably with any of those teams.

The way they dominated this tournament alone at least puts them in that conversation. Its not like they play very fast either so the margins they put up are that much more impressive.

Reactions: CycloneErik

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Perfect. The Big 12 needs to invite them tomorrow.
I think if it was completely up to Yormark he would. Flip side is I am not sure if UConn would actually accept honestly. I live in CT and have for 14 years. These fans and that school absolutely hated having to go to the American. They love the Big East and they fit in the Big East. They were very meh in the American Conference. The travel for Big 12 would be really rough on them.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Nope they are just independent.

None of the Big East fb schools were good when it dissolved. WVU and Vtech were down. They sent an unranked team to a bcs game one year a #25 UConn team to bcs bowl another year. Rutgers was a big part of why the fb conference sucked…and they just totally lucked out.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Really enjoy Tracy Wolfson interviews. She is passionate and shows empathy with losing teams.

Reactions: BigCyFan

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think if it was completely up to Yormark he would. Flip side is I am not sure if UConn would actually accept honestly. I live in CT and have for 14 years. These fans and that school absolutely hated having to go to the American. They love the Big East and they fit in the Big East. They were very meh in the American Conference. The travel for Big 12 would be really rough on them.

If it ain’t broke…

I lean more towards the entire B12 should align with entire Big East vs the forces of evil trying to burn it all. Market it as Power Two Basketball.

If Duke were somehow left out of sec/big ten pro football league I wonder if doing what UConn does in big east would interest them vs a big 12 membership.

NYCYFan

Mar 18, 2024
The way they dominated this tournament alone at least puts them in that conversation. Its not like they play very fast either so the margins they put up are that much more impressive.
No doubt. Every impartial fan wants close games but there's something kind of cool about seeing this level of dominance and a legit dynasty in this age of NIL and Transfer Portal. I've been watching college basketball for about 35 years now and this is quite possibly the most complete team I've seen. They lost 3 starters from last years' Championship team and actually got better this season, gotta respect that.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
If it ain’t broke…

I lean more towards the entire B12 should align with entire Big East vs the forces of evil trying to burn it all. Market it as Power Two Basketball.

If Duke were somehow left out of sec/big ten pro football league I wonder if doing what UConn does in big east would interest them vs a big 12 membership.
Man that basketball would be so fricking crazy and fun if the Big 12 and Big East decided to just join forces for that sport only.

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
No doubt. Every impartial fan wants close games but there's something kind of cool about seeing this level of dominance and a legit dynasty in this age of NIL and Transfer Portal. I've been watching college basketball for about 35 years now and this is quite possibly the most complete team I've seen. They lost 3 starters from last years' Championship team and actually got better this season, gotta respect that.

I know I’m biased, but I genuinely think for pure drama and shot making our wbb game vs Stanford was the best game I saw all March.

The game I enjoyed the most was mbb winning big 12 tournament by 26 vs #1 ranked team.

Reactions: Cupped

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Officially the offseason, get ready for the Iowa state hype we haven’t experienced in awhile. Will have to go back and check but did 2000-2001 even have this with Fizer leaving. Will be fun.