UNI Dual (2/11/24)

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
1. 141 hell yeah. 165, 285 as well

2. Casey shaping up to be next year's team leader

3. Wtf at 125 and 157. No comment on 97

4. Loved the bleach. Hope they do it every year. You're lame if you didn't have fun with it

5. F the chiefs

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

4. Loved the bleach. Hope they do it every year. You're lame if you didn't have fun with it

5. F the chiefs
#4. Looked like Ponyboy.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017

5. F the chiefs

LOL. I love someone crapping on a wrestling thread with a stupid take.

Reactions: isuclone89

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Link to post-meet press conference?

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Good win I guess? Ma
Biggest blunder for me was 57. That one shouldn’t have gone the way it did. Can’t give up that late of an escape and then that penalty just cost the match

Chittum wrestled like a high school kid does when they know the competition is inferior. It doesn't matter "what I do" as he will always come out on top of it.

In college, against ballpark completion? That stuff doesn't work. That was one of worst strategic matches I've seen. He pretty much beat himself.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
125 - seems like he can keep it close with about anyone in the weight but finishing is an issue. Dresser says he’s doing the right things, hope he can knock off Surtin. C-

133 - did give up his legs a bit easy early, then just overwhelmed Farber. Big points even we needed them. A-

141 - gutsy win. Happel is AA good and Ech is right there too. I believe he can be a finalist if the cards fall into place. A

149 - had a smidge of trouble on bottom but I’m just nitpicking. He’s turning into a real leader for us. A

157 - still feels like Cody gave that match away. The danger call and the late funk attempts. Downey is good, I think CC is better. C

165 - going to miss this guy. Hope 10,000 show up for Mizzou. A

174 - MJ is fun to watch. How will he do against the top guys? I don’t know, but he’s always a threat to end it. Has a tough one with Mizzou. A-

184 - real tough assignment. Thought he hand fought well early, just got overwhelmed. C

197 - feels like a match that JB could and maybe even should have won. He’s going to have to get hot in Tulsa to qualify and I hope he finds a way. C-

285 - 25 points by a heavy in 1 period is insane. A

On to Mizzou.

Cyowa 14

THE Iowa State University Class of 2014
Jan 26, 2019
I think a lot of people are sleeping on Downey. He’s better than people think he is. Could make the podium
An awesome kid, a perfect example for all the young kids that you don't have to be a 4 time state champion or nationally ranked coming out of high school to be great in college. The kid just loved wrestling, wrestled against good competition all over in high school, kept getting better and by the time he was a senior in high school he wasn't afraid of anybody and had one of the best runs to a state championship Iowa has ever seen for his lone state title. Beat Bas Diaz in the quarters, Jesuroga in the semis, and stopped Avila from being a 4 timer in the finals

Last edited:

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
IIRC, the Cubans (as well as any foreign athletes) aren't eligible for NIL.
I think Yonger has his green card now, so does that make him eligible? I don't know any of those rules and not 100% sure Yonger has his Green Card. But pretty sure he was working towards it

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
An awesome kid, a perfect example for all the young kids that you don't have to be a 4 time state champion or nationally ranked coming out of high school to be great in college. The kid just loved wrestling, wrestled against good competition all over in high school, kept getting better and by the time he was a senior in high school he wasn't afraid of anybody and had one of the best runs to a state championship Iowa has ever seen for his lone state title. Beat Bas Diaz in the quarters, Jesuroga in the semis, and stopped Avila from being a 4 timer in the finals
Downey reminds me a lot of the Frost brothers. Not highly ranked recruits, but tough kids that work hard, have great technique, and are great additions to any room

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Being a 4xer is the most meaningless accolade for identifying recruits.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Downey reminds me a lot of the Frost brothers. Not highly ranked recruits, but tough kids that work hard, have great technique, and are great additions to any room
That's a great comp.

Aside...As it sits right now would Terukina have a bid or is it shaping up like he'll need to steal one?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I like that Hilton is doing the Juicy Wiggle. They need to have a set time or match to do it. I was watching the wrestlers for both teams and they seemed to enjoy it and most were watching the crowd.

Lets make Hilton entertaining and more than just the wrestling!!!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I like that Hilton is doing the Juicy Wiggle. They need to have a set time or match to do it. I was watching the wrestlers for both teams and they seemed to enjoy it and most were watching the crowd.

Lets make Hilton entertaining and more than just the wrestling!!!
They did it 2x for the MBB game. They will kill it off it they so that type of stuff routinely.