UNI Game Thread

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
yeah no offense to the UNI fans, but you guys beat a bunch of young players who have barely begun to learn a brand new system.......

JHutch

Mar 19, 2006
them stormin the court is like us stormin the field verse Iowa, no matter how bad they are, if we beat them...we're stormin

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
i'm so disappointed with how that game ended. these guys just weren't in control. i don't like that gmac didn't get them there until 5:15. those guys are used to a shoot around...then a break...then warm ups and then the game. they barely shook this 20 degree weather off their shoulders.

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
How bout wes johnson tho?!?!?! grrreat game for him, especially with him guarding coleman most of the time when he was in. 6-7, 14pts? good night rebounding...

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
How bout wes johnson tho?!?!?! grrreat game for him, especially with him guarding coleman most of the time when he was in. 6-7, 14pts? good night rebounding...
i completely agree with this. wesley is my player of the game for isu.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Hats off to UNI for making fewer mistakes.....lets learn from it and move on. Its good for us to lose IMO......it'll make our guys work harder and get hungry

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
students storming the court? just for beating a big 12 school? ...these guys have been to the ncaa's three years in a row...

They didn't storm the court 'cause they beat ISU, they stormed 'cause they beat GMac.

We'll get them next year.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I guess I am surprised to hear of all the mental mistakes. Thought we would see that go away with Morgan. Huge Greg fan still, just one game, but expected to see more ball security.

We're not able to establish a solid inside game, so the guards (read: Taylor) have felt the need to "create". Causes a lot of turnovers and missed jumpshots.

We look like we did last year on offense, difference being our guard play is simply not good enough to win like that. We need to find that inside game, whether it's Hubalek, Gray, Cory, or whoever.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
Its frustrating, yeah.. but putting it into perspective, before the season I thought we would struggle more than this the first year.. Mac will teach them and next year should a good time.. any thrills we get from this season are just a bonus.

Kramer

Nov 14, 2006
Anytown, USA
I thought our guards would be able to handle theirs...BMc played very well. MT's late turnover to Coleman kind of summarized his night for the Clones. He just couldn't get in the flow and really forced his game.

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
They didn't storm the court 'cause they beat ISU, they stormed 'cause they beat GMac.

ahhhhh. I see. Makes perfect sense. just a shame i didn't come up with it sooner. I probably would too then. just a little 'hah, we're better without you' celebration?

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
What happened to Cory Johnson? Did he play tonight?

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
I'm not so sure Jacobson is all that of a coach. McDermott recruited... taught... trained ...and coached heavily everybody on that UNI team. (Including their coach.) Might be one of those situations where McDermott beat himself. Granted the clones didn't look to hungry tonight... almost looked lost & sloppy at times. Can't believe we didn't see a press until late in the game. I just think coach Greg McDermott showed a little bit to much respect to his opponent.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
UNI definitely has a good team and at least they have a solid post player so I don't want to downplay them at all, but man we just imploded on ourselves there at the end. Hopefully when they get off the bus at Hilton, Gmac sends them in for a couple hours of sprints, apaches, side-step drills, stairs and get them focused for next game. I know we are a young team, but I think if we were a little more focused and methodical, we could have won.........OK I'm done

Congrats to UNI

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
What happened to Cory Johnson? Did he play tonight?

Very little. I'm not sure why. Our offense consisted of Hubalek and Taylor lobbing up prayers, occasionally saved by Wes, who is a stud.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron