UNI/ISU. I hate to say it, but.....(sky falling thread)

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Re: UNI/ISU. I hate to say it, but.....

UNI has a veteran team. They're streaky, but they've got a good team.

ISU hasn't been playing very long with the current line up they have on the court. Obviously they struggle to score points, but they've improved over last year IMO. It's just at this point in the season, they've played tougher competition than at this time last year.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Just say it. UNI is better than us. They played in the world championship tournament this summer. It shows.

Yet, we see few glimmerings of hope with this plodding squad.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

(As I look outside) Doesn't look like it is falling yet; we may make it through the night (emphasis on MAY).

jtm

Mar 31, 2006
Is anybody else concerned about MBB?

We come out in the 2nd half and hit the boards and take the lead and then we disappear on the boards. 48 pts come on guys.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006

I honestly NEVER thought that we would be this bad. I simply don't know what to say. We look terrible.

Also, not sure about the coaching moves. We start the 2nd half in a zone and go on a run - we then switch back to Man just to fall behind and lose???

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Iowa State is NOT GOOD.

Well, I got blasted the last 2 games and I am sure I will again but all of you expecting Wesley to be the savior found out that is not the case. We are not good at all. UNI has won 3 of the last 4. Hilton Magic...whatever. It will be a long time before we are good again and will take a big inside presence to do so. My prediction is that McDermott will not last long as he is not getting the recruits he needs. I know many of you will put hexes on me for saying this but I am not impressed with him. His teams don't rebound well, don't penetrate, don't get the ball to the best players and breakdown on defense. Top excuses some of you will come up with undoubtedly will include: 1) With Lucca we win the big12, 2) McD hasn't had time to get his guys in yet, 3) It is UNI's superbowl, 4) Our guys are injured, 5) UNI is a GREAT team...Fact is the only excuse is we aren't good and likely won't be good. Oh, and Thompson is still terrible. When Iowa beats us next week reality will set in for the rest of you.

chriscyzer

Jun 27, 2006
Ames, Iowa

UNI has a veteran team. They're streaky, but they've got a good team.

ISU hasn't been playing very long with the current line up they have on the court. Obviously they struggle to score points, but they've improved over last year IMO. It's just at this point in the season, they've played tougher competition than at this time last year.
They are in the valley. I could give a crap about how good of a team they are. It is the valley for crying out loud and they own us. Unacceptable.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia

I almost threw my controler through my TV tonight watching this game. ISU is a better team, they seem to play with tons of emotion for 5 minutes and then quit. Great example tonight, start off the first 4 minutes full of fire and then took the next 12 minutes off. Come out after halftime and on fire, didn't let UNI score for the first 7 minutes of the 2nd half. Then they got complacent.

Look at the brightside, Coleman is gone - he is a STUD (as long as the referees do not call any charges on him).

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm

eh, what are you gonna do about it? nothing can be done. just tip your hats to uni on their tremendous year and the excited students who are fueling it.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Re: Is anybody else concerned about MBB?

They are playing like the Nebraska Husker defense. Wave the flag, matador. looks like we are getting worse....

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006

There were a lot of people defending the first home loss this year on factors I still don't understand. I would love to hear the excuses for losing our 2nd HOME game in a row.

We are really bad and embarrasing.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

I almost threw my controler through my TV tonight watching this game. ISU is a better team, they seem to play with tons of emotion for 5 minutes and then quit. Great example tonight, start off the first 4 minutes full of fire and then took the next 12 minutes off. Come out after halftime and on fire, didn't let UNI score for the first 7 minutes of the 2nd half. Then they got complacent.

Look at the brightside, Coleman is gone - he is a STUD (as long as the referees do not call any charges on him).

Uh, ISU is not a better team...Likely won't be better than any team we play this year.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

EXACTLY!!! This was a carbon copy of the Minnesota game. In both games, ISU came out like gangbusters at the start of the second half and took a lead. The opposing coach called a timeout to break the momentum, and then ISU goes into the tank for the rest of the half.

That's on GMac. He's getting outcoached.

Last edited:

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
The "sky is falling" thread

Let's see the jusitification from the bulls on this performance. "just wait until we get Lucca back" etc......