UNI vs. ISU - thoughts/predictions?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Didn't get to see it. Saw UNI was up most of game and ISU went on a run to finish the game. I stand corrected.

Hell most of the state didn't get to see it, but it sure was fun to listen to on the radio. Down 3 at half when our guards were cold, wasn't bad at all. But go ahead and keep believing we're terrible.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Didn't get to see it. Saw UNI was up most of game and ISU went on a run to finish the game. I stand corrected.
iSu led for the first five minutes and the last 9:00. It was back and forth for the first few in tthe second half.

iSu missed quite a few open shots in the first half.

iSu started slow and finished strong. Shot 32% in the first half and 58% in the second half. Obvioulsy Prohm should have made adjustments quicker in the first half.

So by your standards...Prohm still didn't coach well :D

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
All I did was give an opinion based on what I thought as true. In this instance, and for this game, I was clearly wrong. I never said ISU was terrible, I never said I hated anyone. I simply said I don't trust Prohm given his history, but I can't deny he and the team did well against UNI. I also said I hope I was wrong and I hope they continue to do well the rest of the season.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
All I did was give an opinion based on what I thought as true. In this instance, and for this game, I was clearly wrong. I never said ISU was terrible, I never said I hated anyone. I simply said I don't trust Prohm given his history, but I can't deny he and the team did well against UNI. I also said I hope I was wrong and I hope they continue to do well the rest of the season.

His history? Prohm has the highest winning percentage of any coach in school history, has a winning percentage in the NCAA Tournament, won at AFH and won a Big 12 Tournament Title. What history are you talking about?

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
His history? Prohm has the highest winning percentage of any coach in school history, has a winning percentage in the NCAA Tournament, won at AFH and won a Big 12 Tournament Title. What history are you talking about?
You're fishing and we've been through this. I am not on here enough to have a continuous conversation that gets nowhere. We can talk about what he inherited vs other coaches and missteps or not, etc. etc. Bottom line is, I have my opinion, you have yours. He continues to excel at ISU in the next couple years and I will gladly change my mind. You constantly trying to further this without any change in our conversation isn't beneficial.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And is going to gain a reputation as someone that on a regular basis has a shot at getting a player drafted/play in G league. Once that continues to happen, the recruits will get even better, although I’m damn happy with how it’s currently going. Bright future for the program and coach.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You're fishing and we've been through this. I am not on here enough to have a continuous conversation that gets nowhere. We can talk about what he inherited vs other coaches and missteps or not, etc. etc. Bottom line is, I have my opinion, you have yours. He continues to excel at ISU in the next couple years and I will gladly change my mind. You constantly trying to further this without any change in our conversation isn't beneficial.

Well saying you don't trust a coach given his history when his history is very good makes you look dumb

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
thisisbait.jpg

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
I'd like to hear more about the Murray St games @clonedlion watched.
He struggled in his third year with losing the good players he inherited. They started slow year three. Same thing with ISU. He admitted he should've started Young earlier, were out of sync offensively. and the biggest thing was how he coached Purdue. I find int interesting that folks are ok with how that game was managed.
Clearly nothing I say is going to change anyone's mind. based on that, I am not going to call him the next great thing like many appear to think of him, especially when his most successful seasons are inheriting players from previous coaches.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
He struggled in his third year with losing the good players he inherited. They started slow year three. Same thing with ISU. He admitted he should've started Young earlier, were out of sync offensively. and the biggest thing was how he coached Purdue. I find int interesting that folks are ok with how that game was managed.
Clearly nothing I say is going to change anyone's mind. based on that, I am not going to call him the next great thing like many appear to think of him, especially when his most successful seasons are inheriting players from previous coaches.

What changes was he slow to make at Murray St?

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
What changes was he slow to make at Murray St?
Im deducing based on his first two years at ISU. He had Cam Payne, which others touted as a sign of his coaching brilliance, but they struggled out of the gate. If it happens and he has admitted that he did that last year, then it would seem reasonable to say, maybe he is reactive, not proactive. Hence, continuing to wait to go small against Purdue, when any tape of Purdue shows that is how you beat them.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Im deducing based on his first two years at ISU. He had Cam Payne, which others touted as a sign of his coaching brilliance, but they struggled out of the gate. If it happens and he has admitted that he did that last year, then it would seem reasonable to say, maybe he is reactive, not proactive. Hence, continuing to wait to go small against Purdue, when any tape of Purdue shows that is how you beat them.

So when you said the quote below you were just talking out of your ass?

I would respectfully disagree. I think it is all there. Murray State and Iowa State has shown he is slow to make adjustments both in games and in seasons and he has already admitted as much in interviews.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
You stated your opinion based on one game, and slow starts to the season.

When asked to clarify your stance on the slow starts and how that equates to not being a good coach, you never responded.

You claimed Jacobson is a "great" coach because of....actually you didn't give a reason. When people pointed out that Prohm has accomplished as much as Jacobson in a shorter time frame you did not clarify why Jacobson is a "great" coach and Prohm is not.

Reactions: CyTwins

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
When people ask you to clarify your comments, it is not fishing. IT is asking questions to try and understand your point.

When you don't give reasoning to back up your point...well... it doesn't make sense

Reactions: CyTwins

Help Support Us

Become a patron