NBA: Untold: Malice at the Palace

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Just watched it. Feel for Reggie (for not getting another chance at a ring) and O'Neal. The guy that threw the cup and his reaction afterward... what a despicable human being

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
O'Neal was interviewed about this event on the radio a few days ago and I was really impressed with him. He said he now knows Artest was really struggling with mental health issues (anxiety in particular), but he wasn't really aware of it because mental health was never discussed back then. The players knew Artest had a therapist who even traveled with them sometimes, but none of the players never knew why. He said he had always been angry with Artest over the years but In hindsight he's now more forgiving.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
The mob mentality that takes over when a crowd is angry can be incredibly ugly. While watching what happened in the Palace that night, i couldn't help but think about the crowd that stormed the Capitol.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
The mob mentality that takes over when a crowd is angry can be incredibly ugly. While watching what happened in the Palace that night, i couldn't help but think about the crowd that stormed the Capitol.

I guess I don't see any parallel at all. A group of drunk fans at a local sporting event with an unplanned and an incident that was instantaneously set off versus a group of sober people who specifically traveled to a site with the idea of performing the actions before they happened.

• Dumb
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I guess I don't see any parallel at all. A group of drunk fans at a local sporting event with an unplanned and an incident that was instantaneously set off versus a group of sober people who specifically traveled to a site with the idea of performing the actions before they happened.
Yeah, I'm completely sure if the orange guy would have told them to go home after the rally or go stage a sit-in at the Capitol the outcome would have been the same.

• Dumb
Reactions: Macloney