Urban Exploring at ISU

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Picture of him or the gate? Either way you should post it. Did he have a shotgun like others have claimed? I am really surprised he didn't come out for us. His light was on in the house and my friends decided it was a good idea to try to climb the gate and sneak into the shrine area.

It might actually be in this thread, I can try and find it....

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
My friends and i went out to the Shrine today. The old guy was out in the "park" on his hands and knees digging a hole.

theshrine.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

This is it!

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
We have drove by the shrine a couple times on our way to the football games. The first time we went by we didn't see anybody at first but as we passed by the place he stood up like he was working on something in the ditch and absolutely scared the crap out of us. Then as we got passed in and looked in the rear view camera, he was standing in the middle of the road look at us. Kind of freaked us out a bit.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Every time I see this thread, it makes me smile.

One of the, if not THE best thread on CF.
Although Snowcraig forgetting his kid X2 is pretty epic too.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
HOW DOES THIS THREAD STAY ALIVE!?!?! This is like the thirtieth resurrection.

But yeah, easily the best thread in CF history, Snowcraig threads are tied for #2... then it's whatever thread I can can get cheap, high quality jerseys from.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I must say the thread saying it was time to fire McDermott when Hoiberg was already well into his first year was pretty epic too.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
HOW DOES THIS THREAD STAY ALIVE!?!?! This is like the thirtieth resurrection.

But yeah, easily the best thread in CF history, Snowcraig threads are tied for #2... then it's whatever thread I can can get cheap, high quality jerseys from.

I agree. i have seen some gems in the high quality cheap jersey threads, wish we could just see an archive of them all.

One of my favorite threads was the short lived "Best way to get to Ames" thread. If you were there for it, it was amazing. if anyone archived it, pm it to me as I meant save it, however it got removed shortly after.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Good bump! I almost forgot about this thread. I have been to the Shrine 3 times now and I have never seen the guy. Does he still prowl?
I have been out to the shrine twice now. I have never seen the guy. The first time I went out there, his truck was in the driveway, pointed towards the shrine with the headlights on. When we turned and drove back past, the headlights had turned off.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
We need a CF Hall of Fame Post that is stickied at the top of the thread.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Someone mentioned this thread so I had to check it out. Definitely worth a bump. I need to check out the shrine in person sometime when the snow melts. Anybody have good stories of farmhouse museum? I've heard the haunted stories during one of the tours on Halloween about haunted areas on campus. I got the creeps anytime I passed that place and looked at the top window on the west side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron