Urban Meyer Lied About Ohio State Coach's Domestic Abuse

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
CMC wouldn't even be on their radar yet. Ohio St will go after a really big fish.

I still say there is more to the story when he decided to leave Florida and "retire."

I have to agree with this thought. Urban already left Florida due to health issues but there was a lot of smoke of upcoming Gator players issues coming that eventually were made public. Meyer tenure at )SU always feel like it would end before most expected due to his health and family and this could be a good reason that tips the scales. From The CMC perspective I can't see OSU boosters being on board with the hire this year but if Urban stays in Columbus for 3-4 more years he'd be high on their list assuming ISU continued progress.
Of course if Urban leave or is forced out, there there next hire could fail and they'd be looking for a new coach in 5 either way.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
CMC wouldn't even be on their radar yet. Ohio St will go after a really big fish.
And who would the Big Fish be? Current Power 5 coach in a big program? Current NFL coach? Current Power 5 coach that is up and coming? Previous Power 5 or NFL coach that isn't currently employed? Buy outs mean nothing to OSU.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
They hired Jim Tressel from Youngstown State. He was a D-1AA coach, even if previously an assistant at Ohio State, when they brought him on-board.

I know the world has changed since 2001, but the idea that Ohio State would never hire from Iowa State (and Earle Bruce, anybody?) is not really sensible.

Everybody knows Campbell is a rising star, a Boy Scout, and a consummate Ohio boy.

We all know they can buy Campbell out easily, if they wanted to, too.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
They hired Jim Tressel from Youngstown State. He was a D-1AA coach, even if previously an assistant at Ohio State, when they brought him on-board.

I know the world has changed since 2001, but the idea that Ohio State would never hire from Iowa State (and Earle Bruce, anybody?) is not really sensible.

Everybody knows Campbell is a rising star, a Boy Scout, and a consummate Ohio boy.

We all know they can buy Campbell out easily, if they wanted to, too.

I feel like ISU fans have been a little nervous since Chizik got the auburn job after a bad record, but that was kind of a weird situation.

If Campbell had led us to a Big 12 championship or Cotton/Fiesta bowl, I’d be a little more nervous about a job like Ohio State. I’m not as worried at this moment in time.

And fwiw, I don’t expect us to be able to keep Campbell long term

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98