IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
  • Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm not sure where it stands in a legal/moral spot but I'm not shocked at Herman doing this if it's over some recruiting.

Doesn't sound like there's any good people in this situation and I'm judging off of just clips but he comes off like a db.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I was just coming here to post this. Crazy if true.
That is nuts. Urban is a snake. I have Family that are big gator supporters and they not at all surprised he shot himself in the foot in Ohio

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Twitter is going absolute crazy with this. Apparently Tom Herman tipped off Brett McMurphy about the Zach Smith situation......

I could see Herman doing this. If true, he'll really endear himself to the coaching fraternity.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I could see Herman doing this. If true, he'll really endear himself to the coaching fraternity.

Herman better succeed at UT. He's starting to give off some Lane Kiffin vibes and burning some bridges around CFB landscape. There need to be a light shown on Urban having hired and kept the WR coach so I don't think if TH is the tipster he was wrong to do so, College FB fraternaty is a loyal group and I can see him getting the cold sholder from Meyer friends and supporters if he starts looking for another job.

• Winner
Reactions: jsb

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Herman better succeed at UT. He's starting to give off some Lane Kiffin vibes and burning some bridges around CFB landscape. There need to be a light shown on Urban having hired and kept the WR coach so I don't think if TH is the tipster he was wrong to do so, College FB fraternaty is a loyal group and I can see him getting the cold sholder from Meyer friends and supporters if he starts looking for another job.

Worst case = Buyout Life. Lighting cigars off of $50 bills with the Longhorn logo on them for the rest of your life.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Worst case = Buyout Life. Lighting cigars off of $50 bills with the Longhorn logo on them for the rest of your life.

For some reason this reminded me of this money:

XMN9RH9.jpg

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Did Larry Eustacey (sp) break any law?
Didn't Larry lie to his boss about the situation when it was first brought to the university by the press. I seem to remember the story was brought up by some local media to the university months before the story broke and Larry claimed it was all fake. I remember seeing the pictures all over the message boards months before the story broke and everyone thought the pictures were faked. Doing what Larry did is one thing. Lieing to your boss about it will get you fired every time. Urban may have lied to the press, but he is claiming he did report this to his superiors.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Hermann was not the source. But interesting that him and his wife also knew about abuse and had helped Coutrney out at one point. My guess is Urban's camp thought that Hermann was the source and that is how that got out there.
Also, Courtney's Smith's mom now found to have been lying in her initial interview.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Hermann was not the source. But interesting that him and his wife also knew about abuse and had helped Coutrney out at one point. My guess is Urban's camp thought that Hermann was the source and that is how that got out there.
Also, Courtney's Smith's mom now found to have been lying in her initial interview.

I doubt we know Herman wasn’t the source. But he was also smiths boss and seems a bit complicit in the whole thing.

I think Herman is a bit of a snake. He fits in well at Ohio State and Texas.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I doubt we know Herman wasn’t the source. But he was also smiths boss and seems a bit complicit in the whole thing.

I think Herman is a bit of a snake. He fits in well at Ohio State and Texas.
McMurphy came out and said he will not reveal his sources but can say 100% that Herman wasn't his source and neither was Herman's wife.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Am I the only one that is starting to get rubbed the wrong way by Mcmurphy's Twitter responses? He is starting to bother me.

I think as the realization that this is all just going to go away in a couple weeks with Meyer still coaching at OSU creeps in he keeps getting more and more bothered.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Urban's camp (that is, tOSU & their fans) doesn't give a rip. What they do care about is floating enough bull**** as to create enough perceived plausible deniability to make Urb staying somewhat palatable.

Urb's staying. And for a while we'll all think it's BS. But after a month people will begin to conflate the lies with the truth and pretty soon *poof*...it's a "he said / she said" story that Urb was an innocent bystander in.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Am I the only one that is starting to get rubbed the wrong way by Mcmurphy's Twitter responses? He is starting to bother me.

It is odd to hear CW and others defend McMurphy as a journalist when it seems like he has a few personal agendas at work against Ohio State and ESPN. He "needs" this story to help rebuild his own career.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It is odd to hear CW and others defend McMurphy as a journalist when it seems like he has a few personal agendas at work against Ohio State and ESPN. He "needs" this story to help rebuild his own career.

Could not disagree more. None of us know the whole story.

But we do know that Zach smith appears to be an awful person who did awful things (even if his wife did too). The question here is why did Meyer cover for and employ the awful Zach smith? That’s all.

I think too many people are acting last me the wife must be perfect in order for anyone to do anything.