Urban Meyer Lied About Ohio State Coach's Domestic Abuse

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
He also banged a staffer.

Meh. That happens everywhere. It's nothing compared to the abuse accusations. This stuff feels like piling on for the sake of piling on. I don't care if this guy sleeps with a staffer or has cockrings delivered to the office. I care that he repeatedly beat his wife. If McMurphy can show how this stuff is related to abuse, then that's something else, but absent of that it's just petty.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Meh. That happens everywhere. It's nothing compared to the abuse accusations. This stuff feels like piling on for the sake of piling on. I don't care if this guy sleeps with a staffer or has cockrings delivered to the office. I care that he repeatedly beat his wife. If McMurphy can show how this stuff is related to abuse, then that's something else, but absent of that it's just petty.

I don’t disagree with you, but people eat thi$ $tuff up.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
He also banged a staffer.

But he was a scumbag before we knew that. If the story has switched to his poor choices than great - we all need a dose of TMZ once in a while - but it doesn't seem to further the UM story but only cause more embarrassment for the fired coach.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
What is this supposed to prove? That Smith was a bad guy? If you weren't convinced by the pictures of his battered wife, this isn't going to change anything. Seems sort of petty by McMurphy

I think this is just McMurphy seeing the controversy and pressure on OSU die down, so this is a salacious way to get it back into the news cycle. Gotta keep banging the drum or people just forget about stuff and watch the Batchelor. That's basically why Baylor got off the hook, IMHO, people just stopped thinking about it.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
GSxJ8VJ.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I was listening to Stew Mandell and Bruce Feldman’s podcast and they were really critical of the two week statement and that it will be complete by then. Which is tomorrow (Sunday), with no word on anything.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, what does it really mean for Urban Meyer to be suspended? Does he have no contact with the program? What is his role during their camp? It is hard to imagine Iowa State's camp without Matt Campbell!

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I think Urb is safe (too.expensive to.fire)...probably a well written statement of "we followed processes....learning of other activities Smith did, does not allign with our program values, yada yada....more training for staff, committed to do better, etc"
Followed by a staff meeting where the coaches all wipe their brows, recommit to keeping things in the OSU family, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
My guess is 2 game suspension:

Misses home opener vs Oregon State and then misses the first conference game (Rutgers, also at home). Reinstated just in time for road game vs TCU (neutral field - AT&T stadium and nationally televised night game)

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
He won't get fired, but I do wonder if he steps away after this season because I think people outside are always going to bring this up regarding him.

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
My guess is 2 game suspension:

Misses home opener vs Oregon State and then misses the first conference game (Rutgers, also at home). Reinstated just in time for road game vs TCU (neutral field - AT&T stadium and nationally televised night game)
I don't think so, if he is suspended then he was guilty of something. I think he is either cleared or fired.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Does being suspended really mean anything? What exactly isn't Urban Meyer doing right now? Or later if he gets suspended for a few games? It is hard to imagine Iowa State functioning well without Matt Campbell having contact with players and coaches.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Urban will probably survive, but I think tOSU Prez will announce he will be looking for a new AD. We find out next week?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Urban will probably survive, but I think tOSU Prez will announce he will be looking for a new AD. We find out next week?

Time to panic. They are hir8ng JP!!!! First business will be replacing urban with Matt!!! We are screwed, I tell you, screwed.