US vs. Honduras - Gold Cup

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
The USA is coming with some swag now. Dempsey dancing on the ball, Fab lifting the ball in the air to Gyasi.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Mama there that man again! Honduras' best laid plans have been flushed on 2 set pieces by Clint. Even tho at times it has appeared we have been out played. We have for the most part defended well and taken our chances.

Scoring goals/ finishing has been the biggest improvement I have seen in this US squad in their recent run of games

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Not a fan of Wondo. Hopefully, he can poach one for the US though.

I don't watch a ton of USMNT soccer so this is not a well informed opinion but I have hated Wondo ever since he lost the World Cup game vs. Belgium for us in extra time

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I don't watch a ton of USMNT soccer so this is not a well informed opinion but I have hated Wondo ever since he lost the World Cup game vs. Belgium for us in extra time

If you know the guy's story, it's really hard to hate on the dude. He's one of those players who's not an amazing athlete, but has put a together a pretty amazing MLS career. It's too bad that shank against Belgium is what a lot of people are going to remember him for.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Biased opinion, obviously, but that looked like a goal.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Yedlin has the potential to be such a great piece for the USMNT. He really needs to get some games under his belt at the club level. Hopefully, the rumors about Tottenham loaning him out to one of the newly promoted EPL clubs are true.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
I may be out of my depth but I don't think so, You won't see a better group stage match in this Gold Cup then that. Mainly because our group shouldn't exist but whatever.

We didn't play great but against a good opponent did enough

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
CONCACAF spent way too much on bribes organizing this tournament. They couldn't possibly have shelled out the cash for goal line technology too.

I thought the bribes were to bring the 2016 Copa America to the United States. The Gold Cup is always in USA

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
CONCACAF soccer is hard to watch. It's half soccer/half rugby and you know the refs are always going to be horrible.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
CONCACAF soccer is hard to watch. It's half soccer/half rugby and you know the refs are always going to be horrible.

For years some have claimed that qualifying for the World Cup can be tougher for the US then group play at the WC, because of Stadiums and Officiating (or lack thereof)

Edit- and that does spill over to the Gold Cup

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron