Vegas oddsmaker on radio this morning

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Because Bet Fred pays them money. You can have a segment too if you are willing to pay for it.
Somebody explained this to me when I asked about the Whiskey Wednesdays and Thirsty Thursdays that used to be on The Fanatics. Couldn’t figure out how four hours of alcohol discussion a week drove listeners.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Somebody explained this to me when I asked about the Whiskey Wednesdays and Thirsty Thursdays that used to be on The Fanatics. Couldn’t figure out how four hours of alcohol discussion a week drove listeners.
It was a 15 minute segment each day. And Bruno would come and talk about sports too.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Why do you guys continue to listen to KXNO when there is so much better local content out there?
I don't rage listen to KXNO like some may.
Besides Iowa Everywhere I'm willing to listen to better local content if you have any suggestions.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Are you sure he wasn't talking as if the Big 12 being the best was a Given? Like not even worth a debate. Big 12 clearly #1, now lets talk about the conferences that there is actually some discussion?

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
It was such a weird take.
Are you sure he wasn't talking as if the Big 12 being the best was a Given? Like not even worth a debate. Big 12 clearly #1, now lets talk about the conferences that there is actually some discussion?

No, because he mentioned it may become a strong conference once AZ joins next year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He was not talking about the B12 being #1.
He had it behind the other power conferences minus the PAC because they were never brought up until the "additions next year for the Big 12" comment.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Lol. No it wasn’t. Do you think they plugged Whiskey Wednesday and Thirsty Thursday for 15 minute segments?
You're trying to tell me they spent the entire show talking about alcohol and zero sports?

They would have the show at El Bait Shop or Ken's and Bruno came on for one segment, and he would regularly talk about soccer and other current topics in addition to news about his business. Sure, they might mention that they were on location when coming back from break but it wasn't constant alcohol talk.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Short commute and I don't usually queue up anything before I leave, so I tend to fly around the dial on the 3 sports stations. If the national shows aren't talking NFL, I land on KXNO. I think they were blathering on about the word of the year or some such crap this morning. At least I got back to ESPN Radio in time to hear the rant by the Raptors coach. Quite a doozy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron