Veishea 2013 Bands Announced

cyclone87

Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Wow. Surprised they could pull in B.o.B.
He really hasn't had a hit song in a while though.

If by a while you mean a year, then yes. I will probably get tickets, I doubt I will get a chance to see B.O.B. in Iowa ever again. I think Grouplove, jukebox the ghost, and easton corbin would be worth seeing as well. B.O.B. has to be the biggest name Veishea has ever gotten, right? I wonder if they will be able to pull in bigger names now with the enrollment continuing to go up?

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
If by a while you mean a year, then yes. I will probably get tickets, I doubt I will get a chance to see B.O.B. in Iowa ever again. I think Grouplove, jukebox the ghost, and easton corbin would be worth seeing as well. B.O.B. has to be the biggest name Veishea has ever gotten, right? I wonder if they will be able to pull in bigger names now with the enrollment continuing to go up?

I saw fun two years ago before they were big. i dont know if they'd be able to get them now, so good for the committee for getting them before they blew up.

Not VEISHEA, but Lupe Fiasco at Hitlon last year was pretty big. I hope SUB continues to do a big concert like that every year and maybe try and do once a semester.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames

Goo Goo Dolls in 1999. That was at Hilton but it was during Veishea. And Black Eyed Peas in 2000, but they were not popular until 2003... (Similar to getting fun. in 2010)

Going back farther, Diana Ross and the Supremes (1969), Sonny and Cher (1973), but those were a different time.

B.o.B is probably the biggest act since the Goo Goo Dolls though.

I saw fun two years ago before they were big. i dont know if they'd be able to get them now, so good for the committee for getting them before they blew up.

Not VEISHEA, but Lupe Fiasco at Hitlon last year was pretty big. I hope SUB continues to do a big concert like that every year and maybe try and do once a semester.

SUB is doing it this year, and as far as I know, they are planning on continuing to do it every year. This year it is Passion Pit, Thursday, February 28, 2013

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
[video=youtube;IoBP24I2lwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoBP24I2lwA[/video]

Yeah. Probably a little bit of an overreaction on my part.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
PS the surprise band this year is out of Iowa.

And I'm about to ruin the surprise.

It's CubFitzWin87, known for their hit singles:

1) Chris Williams is my homie

2) CloneCones (sucks at mafia)

3) Where are my kids ft. SnowCraig

4) Trolololol

5) The Champs (Haxball Remix)

6) I'm going home (And taking this thread with me)

7) Ukrainian Brides

8) All you need is love ft. Rulzzz and BU

9) Cyclone Fanatica sporadica

10) Vacuum (The EIU song)

Reactions: 1 person
K

KFitzy87

PS the surprise band this year is out of Iowa.

And I'm about to ruin the surprise.

It's CubFitzWin87, known for their hit singles:

1) Chris Williams is my homie

3) Where are my kids ft. SnowCraig

4) Trolololol

5) The Champs (Haxball Remix)

6) I'm going home (And taking this thread with me)

7) Ukrainian Brides

8) All you need is love ft. Rulzzz and BU

9) Cyclone Fanatica sporadica

10) Vacuum (The EIU song)
11) Deal With It

12) I Swear I'm The Detective!

13) Chris, Where's My Coupons? (A song about lost love, inspired by Taylor Swift)

14) Theme From The Rebel Alliance

15) Jailbird Ellen

16) Keiton ******* Paige

17) Let Me Mayor Fitzy Cubs

K

KFitzy87

11) Deal With It

12) I Swear I'm The Detective!

13) Chris, Where's My Coupons? (A song about lost love, inspired by Taylor Swift)

14) Theme From The Rebel Alliance

15) Jailbird Ellen

16) Keiton ******* Paige

17) Let Me Mayor Fitzy Cubs
18) Fluff Up This Crib

19) Angie, My Love

20) Damn It, ISUAgronomist Beat Me Again

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
My friend is on the committee for the music part of VEISHEA and he said B.O.B was the most expensive ever ($80k). Was able to do this because of the record enrollment. I'm not allowed to say who they were gonna get though (before they bailed out and wanted to reschedule which obviously the committee can't do).... :jimlad: ....
Frank Ocean + Odd Future
I guess they were *this* close from doing it

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
grouplove is nasty and jukebox the ghost destroy live shows

you guys get spoiled for a 15$ show and complain about it

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Meh...B.O.B. sucked when he opened for Lupe last year. I'd rather them bring Lupe back!

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA

kS4GXCy.gif

(...wait for it...)

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
My friend is on the committee for the music part of VEISHEA and he said B.O.B was the most expensive ever ($80k). Was able to do this because of the record enrollment. I'm not allowed to say who they were gonna get though (before they bailed out and wanted to reschedule which obviously the committee can't do).... :jimlad: ....
Frank Ocean + Odd Future
I guess they were *this* close from doing it

Here's a question I've had since I was a wee little freshman. What is their total entertainment budget (ish), and why do they split it up among 6-8 minor acts instead of getting one pretty great one? Is it because they're trying to represent multiple genres?

P.S. Songs 3 & 20 are my favorites.