Veishea 2013 Bands Announced

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Here's a question I've had since I was a wee little freshman. What is their total entertainment budget (ish), and why do they split it up among 6-8 minor acts instead of getting one pretty great one? Is it because they're trying to represent multiple genres?

P.S. Songs 3 & 20 are my favorites.

This year he didn't give me an exact but it was roughly 200k for the concerts alone at VEISHEA. When VEISHEA came back a few years ago after the hiatus, the budget was barely over $100k

They do it for the "value". For $20 you can see 10+ different people perform over two days. Especially with SUB now doing a yearly "big" concert (last year was Lupe and this year is Passion Pit), they are making that one the expensive one and focusing on making VEISHEA a festival of music, not just one concert with 2-3 acts.

That was the explanation given to me anyway, because I asked the same thing.

Last edited:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
This year he didn't give me an exact but it was roughly 200k for the concerts alone at VEISHEA. When VEISHEA came back a few years ago after the hiatus, the budget was barely over $100k

They do it for the "value". For $20 you can see 10+ different people perform over two days. Especially with SUB now doing a yearly "big" concert (last year was Lupe and this year is Passion Pit), they are making that one the expensive one and focusing on making VEISHEA a festival of music, not just one concert with 2-3 acts.

That was the explanation given to me anyway, because I asked the same thing.

they stopped making the concerts free my soph or jr year and I never bought the $5 or whatever it cost wristband, because none of the acts were ever worth the value to me. Now if they had put it all toward Dierks Bentley (Google tells me his fee his $150k-200k)....I would have snapped up those wristbands.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
they stopped making the concerts free my soph or jr year and I never bought the $5 or whatever it cost wristband, because none of the acts were ever worth the value to me. Now if they had put it all toward Dierks Bentley (Google tells me his fee his $150k-200k)....I would have snapped up those wristbands.

Their goal is to make it two large concert days. Country day 1 and then whatever is popular, which this year is Indie and Rap apparently. It is gonna take a few years to get it to be that big though, but that is VEISHEA's long term goal if enrollment continues to grow.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
B.o.B.!!!!! VEISHEA finally brought in a good rap/hip-hop artist!

Let's hope this doesn't go all "Mike Jones" in our face again... :no: