Votes: 3 8.6%
  • iPhone

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Up for a new phone. Leaning towards the HTC Thunderbolt right now. Incredible is my number 2 and Samsung Fascinate and iPhone are last. What are some pros and cons of all of these?

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
If you want an iphone, wait until june or july when the iphone 5 is released. If not, Thunderbolt is definitely the best right now.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
The Thunderbolt is going to be the latest and greatest but I'd certainly take an Incredible over a Fascinate or an iPhone, without question.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Thunderbolt is the best out right now.

Should see a lot of new ones within the next couple months though, from the Droid Bionic to the Incredible 2.

And second what was said about the iphone if you decide to go that route. Without taking this into an android vs iphone discussion (though id prefer android) if you want an iphone your best bet is to wait a couple months and get the iphone 5 this summer.

Of the android phones you listed id go:

Thunderbolt
Incredible (though this might be a tempting cheaper option if you cant get 4g anyways since you can get it dirt cheap)
Fascinate

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Up for a new phone. Leaning towards the HTC Thunderbolt right now. Incredible is my number 2 and Samsung Fascinate and iPhone are last. What are some pros and cons of all of these?
As others have said, the Thunderbolt is the best right now. If you are an iphone fane wait until the iphone 5 comes out.

On another note, I had a sales rep tell me 4G could be coming to Sioux City as soon as August. The Verizon store wouldn't verify but they heard it will be much sooner than what has been said. That tells me that 4 G will be in iowa next year.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I have a Droid Incredible and I love it, but it was nearly obsolete when I bought it last September and it's certainly well down the path of obsolescence now. Just for that reason alone I wouldn't recommend the Incredible at this point.

From what it sounds like, the whole reason why a person would buy a Samsung Fascinate was simply to avoid the obsolescence of the Incredible. To me it doesn't sound like it would be the best option now or in the future, plus it sounds like Samsung, while they normally have very good products, doesn't have the greatest reputation with their cell phones.

The iPhone is always a good choice, but as someone posted earlier, you have to ask yourself if you're that desperate to pay a premium for a phone that is pretty much known is going to be replaced by carriers in just a few months. The iPhone 4 is still obviously going to be a good phone, but my impression with Apple products is you're always left "wanting", and in this case you'd be doing it to your self with impatience alone.

The Thunderbolt is supposed to be a simply outstanding phone, and if you're wanting to go the Android route (and since you only listed 3 Android phones I'm guessing it's a serious consideration) this is probably your best route.

I guess for me it comes down to this - if you just "have" to get the Apple product and you really just can't wait for the new phone to come out in a few months, go ahead and get the iPhone - it's not like the iPhone 4 is going to become a horrible phone overnight. If you'd rather go the Android route, I'd go with the Thunderbolt.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I guess I would get the Thunderbolt or Bionic. I am choosing to wait for the Bionic and it's dual core processor. The downfall there could potentially be battery life but I am in the office or in a vehicle most of the time anyway so that doesn't matter to me. Like it's been said, the Incredible could be a very tempting option though I have enjoyed playing with the X more. IMO, you stick with the Droid line. I just think the future is very very birght there. Just think, they have been out for what, less than two years, and are already as far as they are.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Go with the Thunderbolt. Not only is it the best option now, but you can get grandfathered in to unlimited 4G. It sounds as though that option will not be around come this summer. Verizon is planning on switching to tiered plans similar to AT&T.

BTW, sent from my VZW Thunderbolt so I am a little biased.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I just got the thunderbolt. Didn't have the balls to wait out the Bionic and risk not getting the unlimited plan.