Very Sad Day - Jerry Springer Passes Away at 79

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I just saw that. As someone who came of age when the Jerry Springer show was on, it’s wild to me that he was mayor of Cincinnati and had a serious political talk show.

Also, the dating show he presented called “baggage” was amazing

Edit: serious not series

Last edited:
Reactions: MJ29 and Dormeezy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Gerald Norman Springer was born in the London Underground station of Highgate while the station was in use as a shelter from German bombing during World War II,[4][5] and grew up on Chandos Road, East Finchley. His parents, Margot (née Kallmann; a bank clerk) and Richard Springer (owner of a shoe shop), were German-Jewish refugees who escaped from Landsberg an der Warthe, Prussia (now Gorzów Wielkopolski, Poland).[6][7][8] His maternal grandmother, Marie Kallmann, who was left behind, died in the gas vans of Chełmno extermination camp (German-occupied Poland). His paternal grandmother, Selma Springer (née Elkeles), died at the hospital in the Theresienstadt concentration camp (German-occupied Czechoslovakia). Selma Springer's brother, Hermann Elkeles, was a renowned Berlin doctor who also died at Theresienstadt concentration camp.[9]

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I must post this classic from “The Simpsons.”

Favorite dialogue:
Jerry: “We have the extramarital extraterrestrial backstage, in a sound-proof booth, where he can’t hear us.”
Kang: “I hear ALL!”

Side note: A former work colleague and I still greet each other with “Where you been at?”