Video from Iowa/Arizona game. NSFW

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
I didn't take this video. But I saw it on facebook along with a number of Iowa fans crying about how "Classy" the Arizona fans were because of this. I'd imagine quite abit of provoking was involved on both sides here. Oh, and this is most definately NOT SAFE FOR WORK (Very, very poor language.)

I wasnt sure what I thought of either fan base after watching that. Maybe AZ fans are worse than Iowa fans? Maybe Iowa fans torment all fanbases?

What do you guys take from this?

On second thought. I dont even feel right linking this. Youtube "Arizona fans verbally and physically assault Iowa fans in Tuscon" If you want to see the video.

Last edited:

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I didn't take this video. But I saw it on facebook along with a number of Iowa fans crying about how "Classy" the Arizona fans were because of this. I'd imagine quite abit of provoking was involved on both sides here. Oh, and this is most definately NOT SAFE FOR WORK (Very, very poor language.)

I wasnt sure what I thought of either fan base after watching that. Maybe AZ fans are worse than Iowa fans? Maybe Iowa fans torment all fanbases?

On second thought. I dont even feel right linking this. Youtube "Arizona fans verbally and physically assault Iowa fans in Tuscon" If you want to see the video.

Where's the video?

AllN4Cy

Sep 9, 2010
Grimes
First, the Iowa fans must have felt pretty dumb after losing. Second, I never get the "OVER RATED" chant. You essentially are degrading your own team when you do that (i.e. - "You guys must suck if we beat you so I'm going to chant "OVER RATED"). Third, the AZ fans had bad class, but that was 3 or 4 people. I can easily find 3 or 4 people in any stadium who act this way. Maybe shut your mouth Hawk fans and stop provoking people in their own stadium.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Arizona has now been added to the list of teams I will cheer for Iowa against. They join Nebraska, Hitler, and the Taliban.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
First, the Iowa fans must have felt pretty dumb after losing. Second, I never get the "OVER RATED" chant. You essentially are degrading your own team when you do that (i.e. - "You guys must suck if we beat you so I'm going to chant "OVER RATED"). Third, the AZ fans had bad class, but that was 3 or 4 people. I can easily find 3 or 4 people in any stadium who act this way. Maybe shut your mouth Hawk fans and stop provoking people in their own stadium.

Same thing happened to me at Jack Trice in 2007... Hawk fans acted exactly the same (I had seats relatively close to the Hawkeye section.)

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
If this is the same video as the one in the other thread, the Iowa fans were clearly antagonizing the Arizona fans and "conveniently" left that fact out of the video.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I don't condone what was said regardless of whatever words were said prior, BUT, I don't get the holier-than-thou attitude. I've seen enough of what goes on in IC that those folks don't have much of a leg to stand on. Maybe not as much inside the stadium, but don't act like all that happens there is just playful smack talk. Throwing a full can of beer is just as bad as taking a swipe at a camera. Full on assault with no provocation has happened to more than a few people I know.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
I don't condone what was said regardless of whatever words were said prior, BUT, I don't get the holier-than-thou attitude. I've seen enough of what goes on in IC that those folks don't have much of a leg to stand on. Maybe not as much inside the stadium, but don't act like all that happens there is just playful smack talk. Throwing a full can of beer is just as bad as taking a swipe at a camera. Full on assault with no provocation has happened to more than a few people I know.

Hawk fans get waht they deserve...fuk em

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Losing has a way of causing fans to redirect anger towards things less significant than the performance on the field.

I think we see that a lot here. No different for Iowa.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

Knowing Iowa fans as I do, I admire Arizona fans for their restraint.

Nov 9, 2009
Ames
This is no different than what I went through at Kinnick this year, except I did zero to provoke anyone. They get what they deserve.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Pot meets Kettle.

I don't disagree that there are Iowa fans who are idiots. But would you agree that the TavernHoks are the ones that do most of the stupid s*** at Kinnick? Several Arizona fans have said that the area where that video was taken is general admission, and tickets can go for as low as $10. That's where THEIR bandwagon fans sit. And I might be wrong here, but I would think that bandwagon fans are less likely to make the trip to Tuscon from IC. And, while I'm not ignoring the possibility that there was provocation, there was no evidence of that in the video other than chants of "Let's Go Hawks!". Again, I do believe there was probably at least a 50-50 chance that the Hawk fans were doing more than that to set the 'Zona fans off, but the video doesn't show any evidence of that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron