Video of ISU students celebrating Bin Laden death on central campus

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I wandered over to central campus around midnight tonight hearing that there were thousands of people celebrating the news of Bin Laden's death. I'd say there were about 1-2K people in front of Curtiss lighting fireworks, chanting "U-S-A! U-S-A!", waving huge flags. It was a pretty cool sight. After a while, they all marched down Union Drive towards the president's house. I was interested to see where they'd be headed next, but just walked home instead.

Anyone know where this "riot" ended up going? hah

Here's the video I took. There are lots of other videos on YouTube popping up from the same celebration.

ISU students celebrate death of Bin Laden on central campus

Started in Greekland, moved to Curtiss Hall, then too the President's House, then Welch, the in front of Jack Trice!!!

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
People kept calling it a "riot". It was not a riot! Ames and ISU police reported no major problems. That is the closest anybody will get to a non violent "riot".

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
That was a ton of fun, kind of sad I left when it started to break up at Welch.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
That was a ton of fun, kind of sad I left when it started to break up at Welch.

I was planning on staying a while longer, but around 130 some of the people started trying to move the crowd to hunt street so I figured it would be in my best interest to go home and riot proof all of my stuff. Thank goodness they didnt end up heading this way anyway.