Vikings RB Adrian Peterson indicted on Child Injury charge

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
A switch is a flexible rod which is typically used for corporal punishment, similar ... severe physical discipline cruel and it is often banned by law as child abuse.

Seriously? It's child abuse?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
.............I was expected something worse for it to be indictment worthy. Though I suppose if he were "overzealous" with it that would be bad.

At least he didn't beat the kid unconscious, but seriously, who beats a kid with a switch? Is it 1914?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
that's the last time he'll leave the kitchen light on! AP went and broke the switch.

edit - wrote before I knew what the hell a switch was. why does english have so many damn words for the thing.

Reactions: ThurgoodMarshal

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
At least he didn't beat the kid unconscious, but seriously, who beats a kid with a switch? Is it 1914?

sounds like something my grandparents would say. "Don't make me get the switch!"

If he were using it like a whip on the kid that could actually be pretty bad.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
The charge is for reckless or negligent injury.

So if the switch story is true, the charge is basically alleging that Adrian was careless in disciplining his son and that his carelessness caused his son's injury. Maybe the switch was too big, maybe Adrian hit him too hard (not taking care to realize his own strength), maybe he swung at the hand but hit the face, or something like that.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
From TMZ:

Sources connected to Peterson tell us ... the alleged victim is a male child from Minnesota who was visiting Adrian back in May at AP's home in Texas.

We're told the child returned home to his mother in Minn. who noticed injuries and took the child to a doctor. A short time later, the doctor contacted authorities in Texas to report Adrian.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Adrian might not win MVP this year but he's a shoe in for father of the year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron