Vikings RB Adrian Peterson indicted on Child Injury charge

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Did you not read my post at all? That is what their culture practices. That's like saying,"Why do those English people drive on the wrong side of the road? It's the 21st century, don't they know their right from their left?"

Again, not saying its right or wrong, but you don't seem to understand: that's just what is done in that culture. People don't seem to be aware of that, so I'm just pointing it out.
Perhaps the worst analogy of all time? It's not culture that has people in England driving on the left, it's the law, I don't think there are any laws in Texas that say you have to beat your kids, although I'm willing to be proven wrong since it is Texas.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Losing 4 million dollars is a pretty big punishment. Losing all of his promotional contracts (many more millions) is a pretty big punishment. Being suspended more than any other player in NFL history for the crime that he plead no contest to is a pretty big punishment. His reputation is going to be forever tarnished, which again will cost him future money (millions). What more do you people want?

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Did you not read my post at all? That is what their culture practices. That's like saying,"Why do those English people drive on the wrong side of the road? It's the 21st century, don't they know their right from their left?"

Again, not saying its right or wrong, but you don't seem to understand: that's just what is done in that culture. People don't seem to be aware of that, so I'm just pointing it out.

You talk about it like it's some interesting fact about other cultures, like Scottish people playing the bagpipes and wearing kilts. I personally don't care how deep in culture it is because that still doesn't make it right(and I know you didn't take a side so I'm not calling you out on it). What was wrong with just spanking him? Why go and use something as a weapon to get his point across on a 4 year old?

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
You talk about it like it's some interesting fact about other cultures, like Scottish people playing the bagpipes and wearing kilts. I personally don't care how deep in culture it is because that still doesn't make it right(and I know you didn't take a side so I'm not calling you out on it). What was wrong with just spanking him? Why go and use something as a weapon to get his point across on a 4 year old?

I would rather get hit with a switch then by Peterson himself. He could break your hand just by giving you a hand shake.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
....it's the law, I don't think there are any laws in Texas that say you have to beat your kids, .....

But the law is what gets lost by those who want a more severe penalty for Peterson. He went to court and the law ruled.
If the ruling didn't fit the crime, why is it up to the NFL to correct?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
http://deadspin.com/adrian-petersons-appeal-denied-1670520541

Denied.

waynes-world-denied-o.gif

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Read a quote the other day that the NFL basically wants their own justice system because the American justice system has "failed them". LOL wtf how long until the NFL mobilizes an army of players to succeed the united states?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Read a quote the other day that the NFL basically wants their own justice system because the American justice system has "failed them". LOL wtf how long until the NFL mobilizes an army of players to succeed the united states?

Exactly. This is what got them into Federal court. It will be interesting to see what happens when the judge is not an ex-NFL exec.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron