Vikings RB Adrian Peterson indicted on Child Injury charge

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Leonard Little kills a guy drunk driving - 8 games
Donte Stallworth kills a guy drunk/high driving - 1 season
Josh Brent kills a teammate drunk driving - 10 games
Ray Lewis covers up a murder - $250,000 fine
Ben Roethlisberger most likely rapes two girls - 6 games

Not at all OK with what Peterson did, and I believe that he did get off easy with the legal system, but judging from these suspensions the message Goodell is sending is that what AP did is worse than killing another human being while intoxicated. Fitting punishment? Interesting logic.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Not at all OK with what Peterson did, and I believe that he did get off easy with the legal system, but judging from these suspensions the message Goodell is sending is that what AP did is worse than killing another human being while intoxicated. Fitting punishment? Interesting logic.
Peterson just chose a bad time to beat his kid, the league is on high alert now after the terrible PR with Ray Rice.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Goodell is so inconsistent in everything he does. Plus when he needs to be out in front of something he is usually nowhere to be found.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Goodell is a complete took, but it's really the media's fault for blowing this up to begin with. The new far left PC media, got to love the world we live in. Guilty before proven innocent.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
inb4 someone corrects me and says it's actually Adrian Peterson's fault. Which is true, but talking about how everything blew up afterwards was caused by the media...

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Goodell is a complete took, but it's really the media's fault for blowing this up to begin with. The new far left PC media, got to love the world we live in. Guilty before proven innocent.

As I life long conservative I must say that this had absolutely positively zero to do with the media. I'm glad taking a switch to a child's private parts causes an uproar.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
As I life long conservative I must say that this had absolutely positively zero to do with the media. I'm glad taking a switch to a child's private parts causes an uproar.

So you think Goodell just had a sudden moment of moral clarity? No the outrage poured out by ESPN and other media outlets forced Goodell's hands. 100% media driven.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Wasn't there a defensive player on the Panthers that was actually found guilty of domestic violence. Is he also banned for a minimum of 14 games like Peterson? Or does he get the non-peterson treatment with a standard 6 games suspension that Goodell announced would be the punishment for domestic violence.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Wasn't there a defensive player on the Panthers that was actually found guilty of domestic violence. Is he also banned for a minimum of 14 games like Peterson? Or does he get the non-peterson treatment with a standard 6 games suspension that Goodell announced would be the punishment for domestic violence.
Greg Hardy is currently on the Commissioner Exempt List just like Peterson was, his appeal is coming up sometime soon.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
To be honest, I thought they'd end up with a fine equivalent to 6 games worth of pay. I can see how they couldn't use that time on the exempt list as a suspension because he's getting paid, but I thought they'd retroactively set it up as such with a fine.

But I do agree with Goodell that just serving a suspension shouldn't be enough to start playing again. At some point Peterson needs to understand what he did was wrong and learn from this. To this point it doesn't seem like he understands or even cares.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
With 280,000 votes in today's ESPN poll, 56% of the country disagrees with the NFL's decision on Peterson's suspension.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
you are taking it easy on him, only 2 years? I would have gave him a life time ban and allowed some big bad *** whip his ball sack with a switch

Being from a black community, using a switch is still a form of child punishment. Not saying what AP did is right or wrong, but that is what he grew up with, and that is what a large majority of that culture still practices. It's no different than using a belt, which I myself grew up with.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Being from a black community, using a switch is still a form of child punishment. Not saying what AP did is right or wrong, but that is what he grew up with, and that is what a large majority of that culture still practices. It's no different than using a belt, which I myself grew up with.
He's a grown man who should be capable of making important decisions like "Should I beat a 4 year old with a stick?" regardless of if it's what he grew up with.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
He's a grown man who should be capable of making important decisions like "Should I beat a 4 year old with a stick?" regardless of if it's what he grew up with.

Did you not read my post at all? That is what their culture practices. That's like saying,"Why do those English people drive on the wrong side of the road? It's the 21st century, don't they know their right from their left?"

Again, not saying its right or wrong, but you don't seem to understand: that's just what is done in that culture. People don't seem to be aware of that, so I'm just pointing it out.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron