Voices from the stands: Homecoming Edition

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
And no, I'm not her!

But I will admit to wishing out loud that we still had Woody or LanRam for the short yardage, especially at that goal line exercise in futility.
Remember in the UNI game we ran a "heavy" set with an OL in the backfield - didn't work against UNI and haven't seen it since.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Guy next section over yells "PASS!!" on every play where the opponent passes. Mike Rose is listening to section M for guidance.
I'd forgotten how bad that was-- someone posted a link to the skycam broadcast of the (entire!) 2017 TCU game*, and it picks up the sound perfectly. Every time Kenny Hill dropped back to pass, it felt like the entire stadium was screaming "pass!!!!!"

* I'd never seen that video before-- it was really neat, so thanks whoever did that.

Reactions: StPaulCyclone

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
It can also be a “tell” of who played FB at some level and carried it over to fandom. We were instructed to do this because you had defenders moving vertically and horizontally with offensive players and they didn't always have there eye on the ball.

I didn't play defense; those of us on the sidelines were taught to pay attention to the game and call out "pass" whenever we saw a screen. Still do it on occasion, even while watching a televised game.

Reactions: StPaulCyclone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Douchey OSU fan right behind us (thanks whoever sold their row 10 section B tix..) had condescending dumb comments all day. Worst may have been sometime after their first score when we didn't convert on a 3rd down "come on, at least get a first down and make it competitive".

Had two poke fans directly in front of us. Can we all agree that the their cheesy little one hand wave they do after they score seem like the lamest celebration routine/tradition?

Reactions: frackincygy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
And no, I'm not her!

But I will admit to wishing out loud that we still had Woody or LanRam for the short yardage, especially at that goal line exercise in futility.

We do, his name is Breece Hall.... Call me crazy but maybe hand it off to him in 4th and short.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron