Voices from the stands: TCU game

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
The pretentious Nebraska fan behind me in the student section that was comparing everything at Jack Trice to Lincoln and pointing out how much better Nebraska is at, well, basically everything was pretty annoying.

FilthyShadow

Sep 21, 2011
Lanning must of broken his arm on that pass to the lizard (Lazard), since he hasn't got back on the field.

SWA4CY

Aug 14, 2012
We saw a guy passed out on a couch in SEZ Club and my 2 1/2 year old pointed at him and said "he's sleepy"!

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
My 12 year old daughters first game (went with a friend):

daughter's friend - we lost
daughter - at least we didn't lose by 50
daughter's friend - she gets it

shes not home yet from her sleepover. Wonder if she's going to want to go to another one.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Voice from my couch was my 8 year old son after the game. We switched to LSU Florida in time to see the Florida qb stand in the pocket forever before taking a sack. My son said "did Sam Richardson just switch uniforms?"

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
The pretentious Nebraska fan behind me in the student section that was comparing everything at Jack Trice to Lincoln and pointing out how much better Nebraska is at, well, basically everything was pretty annoying.

Yup. kNU fans should be proud they just picked up their 3rd win in 7 tries. Good thing they fired a coach for never losing fewer than 4 games a year and hired someone who has never lost fewer than 4 games a year.

ISUx82

Sep 24, 2015
Heard.. "Man if only Lazard played on a good team.. it's a shame his career will go down as a huge disappointment of losing".. Then... "Why did he choose ISU over the likes of ND etc? Is he dumb?" or... "I should have went out to the bar tonight to watch this game, beer will always console me after a ISU loss.. I'm used to it"

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
The girlfriend thought we should play "the other guy(QB), cause he's cuter..."
What the heck, it's worth a try, play the "cutest guy" and at least we'll have women in the stands.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
These two idiots behind us were saying stupid stuff all game. I finally got fed up with it when Sam threw the ball away into the RB's feet. These idiots thought it was a fumble and were blaming Sam for it. That is basic QB stuff, if you are going to get sacked like that throw it at the RB's feet.

Then also this girl was mad that the punter only kicked it so far when we downed the ball at the 14. I don't know what she expected. It amazes me the people who don't understand football, on here and at the games.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
These two idiots behind us were saying stupid stuff all game. I finally got fed up with it when Sam threw the ball away into the RB's feet. These idiots thought it was a fumble and were blaming Sam for it. That is basic QB stuff, if you are going to get sacked like that throw it at the RB's feet.

Then also this girl was mad that the punter only kicked it so far when we downed the ball at the 14. I don't know what she expected. It amazes me the people who don't understand football, on here and at the games.

But was she hot?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

That throw at the running backs feet was close to being a lateral, which would have been a fumble.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
A well lit up TCU fan behind us at the start of the 2nd quarter, " Jeez, I came here for a good time, not to lose."

johnstoncy

Oct 18, 2006
Johnston
www.rtsports.com
The resident idiot in section V about 2 rows behind me toward the end of the game talking to the guy next to him:
"I never liked that Hoiberg guy when he was here, never did any coaching, just stood there on the sidelines" :eek:

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Thought I'd start this up as I enjoyed listening to a couple older gentlemen behind me in section K who were very seriously discussing the idea of Iowa State going to the MAC for football-only because "this is a good football team but we just can't compete with these teams."

I also didn't hear this guy speak but I liked watching the TCU fan that was near the middle of their section who was extremely animated for the entire game... Looked like he enjoyed his time in the tailgate lots!

Anything else good this week?

In the second half when things were falling apart for ISU, some drunk ISU fan/idiot let loose with a major profanity laced tirade after a penalty against us. When someone immediately called him out for cussing around children, he said "I didn't see what happened, what's goin on? " Sad but true.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Heard.. "Man if only Lazard played on a good team.. it's a shame his career will go down as a huge disappointment of losing".. Then... "Why did he choose ISU over the likes of ND etc? Is he dumb?" or... "I should have went out to the bar tonight to watch this game, beer will always console me after a ISU loss.. I'm used to it"
How dare someone make such valid points.....

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
That throw at the running backs feet was close to being a lateral, which would have been a fumble.

That's irrelevant to the point. These guys didn't understand that's what you are supposed to do. That's also the one thing I said something about. Another time they said something to the point of Richardson sucks we should put Lanning in immediately after two great plays by Sam.