Voices from the stands: TCU game

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
TEXAS CHILDREN'S UNIVERSITY!

My brother felt bad for the guy that yelled it. Worked on it all day and nobody laughed at his joke.

CycloneBax

Nov 9, 2006
Ankeny
"We should onside kick every time." before the game started. That was my brother's comment and I definitely agree if the defense can't stop them anyway. Before the onside kick we were discussing they really only had 3 players up ready to defend it and it should be easy.

If we did onside kicks against Baylor every time we kick off next weekend, it might only be once or twice.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
I also didn't hear this guy speak but I liked watching the TCU fan that was near the middle of their section who was extremely animated for the entire game... Looked like he enjoyed his time in the tailgate lots!

Anything else good this week?

Was he by chance wearing a #5 jersey?! If so that was my buddy and he was having a great day hahaha. He was sitting with me on the 50 in the upper deck east side but opted to go join his breathern in the 2nd to not annoy the folks up there. He loves his football...

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
There was some dude by us that had a hok hat on and had his nasty, long chin beard dyed purple.

There were two girls in front of us, looked to be a mom and daughter, that showed up near the end of the 1st half and were on their phones and taking selfies the entire time. They then left at the start of the second half.

An older man fell face first down the stairs, and he took it like a champ.

Oh, and I had the classic "GIT 'EEM!!!" yeller near me that yelled it every time TCU snapped the ball.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Was he by chance wearing a #5 jersey?! If so that was my buddy and he was having a great day hahaha. He was sitting with me on the 50 in the upper deck east side but opted to go join his breathern in the 2nd to not annoy the folks up there. He loves his football...

Yes, that was him in the #5 jersey. I definitely noticed him from up above in section K enjoying the Jack Trice ambiance

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
No I did not. I hate the result as much as anyone. But there are a bunch of kids out there doing their best. We are going to need them giving their best effort in upcoming years. There's always time for self-indulgence after the final gun.
I agree, with this partially, most of my annoyance was not with the team, which is never is, my annoyance is we can execute and the coaches fail again to make adjustments to help this team even have a change in this game.... Even the game plan out of the gates was a bit absurd.... We can't gun with TCU.... Why not control the clock more, the whole approach to this game was just painful to watch for me....

HelmetGuy

Dec 22, 2014
When Sam pitched the ball and fumbled inside TCU's 20, I heard a guy behind me say, "That's the Cyclones we all know and love."

... It was hard to disagree.