Walking Dead

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I thought Sunday's "premier" episode was the first time in a long time the writers felt like they didn't have to lead off with a major plot twist or death. The model lately has been:

Action-packed "major" season opening episode
6 filler/backstory/minor episodes
Action-packed "major" season ending episode

This wasn't like that at all.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I thought Sunday's "premier" episode was the first time in a long time the writers felt like they didn't have to lead off with a major plot twist or death. The model lately has been:

Agreed. I really hope this season isn't all the episodes being strategy/combining groups and then season finale is the attack on Negan

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I'll watch this show till it is pulled of the air.

IMO, Negan doesn't let Alexandria off that easy. He takes a prisoner(s), demands they find and return Daryl. Negan is much more harsh than what we saw on Sunday. That part was disappointing to me as it felt programmed.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

IMO, Negan doesn't let Alexandria off that easy. He takes a prisoner(s), demands they find and return Daryl. Negan is much more harsh than what we saw on Sunday. That part was disappointing to me as it felt programmed.

I agree and when they left Daryl at The Kingdom I was thinking 'what good does that do'? Negan is still going to assume Rick's crew has him or knows where he's at and inflict major pain.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

When I saw that Nicotero was directing that epsiode I was expecting some brutality. His are normally the gory episodes.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

Maybe Negan is hoping that they drop their guard now that they searched for Daryl.

Reactions: keepngoal

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Maybe it's just me, but after the darkness of Negan last fall, it was good to have the first half of the season end and the second half begin on a positive note.

#neganmustdiehorribly

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I am guessing this is almost exactly what happens.

Yep - Now that there are five potential groups to band together (Alex, Hillside, Kingdom, Oceanside and new group this week), hopefully this season won't be a drudgery of dialogue and planning leading up to a finale. Got a feeling Negan is going to go medieval on one of the groups with a total butchery and that will galvanize the remainders. Maybe Hilltop after Gregory stupidly spills the beans.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Yep - Now that there are five potential groups to band together (Alex, Hillside, Kingdom, Oceanside and new group this week), hopefully this season won't be a drudgery of dialogue and planning leading up to a finale. Got a feeling Negan is going to go medieval on one of the groups with a total butchery and that will galvanize the remainders. Maybe Hilltop after Gregory stupidly spills the beans.
Somehow the really stupid never seem to suffer the consequences of their stupidity. Gregory will probably outlive half the current cast.
I'm wondering where the heck Father Gabriel went with the food supplies. Did he take them and find the group that just surrounded Rick et al? They were tracking him, maybe he's who Rick was smiling at?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

Hilltops people are with Rick. I think the slaughter happens at the Kingdom... moving them to the support role.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Somehow the really stupid never seem to suffer the consequences of their stupidity. Gregory will probably outlive half the current cast.
I'm wondering where the heck Father Gabriel went with the food supplies. Did he take them and find the group that just surrounded Rick et al? They were tracking him, maybe he's who Rick was smiling at?

That was my guess. Rick and Aaron stole a lot of their supplies, and Gabriel took all the food back to help them.

And seriously, how to you let dozens of people sneak up on you and surround you? Daryl needs to take Rick's mancard away.

Just another wtf Walking Dead moment. But as others have said, I will watch this show til its end. Still more entertaining than 75% of the schlock that is on TV.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007

They showed the guy spying on him, then he rushed to get the food, and a shadowy figure came up in the back seat as he drove away if you watched close. I'm thinking they ambushed him and forced him to get the supplies.

I think Ric's smile was because he just realized he found his army he needed to beat Negan.

• Agree
Reactions: bos

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
They showed the guy spying on him, then he rushed to get the food, and a shadowy figure came up in the back seat as he drove away if you watched close. I'm thinking they ambushed him and forced him to get the supplies.

I think Ric's smile was because he just realized he found his army he needed to beat Negan.
I didn't see the shadow figure in the back seat. Guess I'll have to check that out on Sunday.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron