Washington hires Jedd Fisch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
May just be B.S. but there is some smoke on the interwebs about Pete Carroll maybe being the next Washington coach. I doubt it happens but some of Carroll's former players have been hinting about it.

Reactions: Drew0311

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I may have missed something, but what makes you think today is when they announce a new coach?
Because AZ head coach interviewed for the position and late in the day signed a new contract. Leading people to believe that a decision was close (and that it wasn't Fisch.) The reality is that you have to do it quickly now because every team gets a 30 day special transfer portal in this coach change situation and drawing it out means the wolves will come and pick over your roster.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Do we have any credible sources Washington and CMC are talking, or is all speculation? If we’re just speculating, then I’ll say Jedd Fisch will be the new Washington HC
If we’re speculating even more, I think it will be Brian Ferentz

• Haha
Reactions: DrClone and Cyhig

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Beat writer for the Seattle Times tweeted that a coach would likely be announced today and it isn’t Grubb or Fisch.

Reactions: exCYtable

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Word on the street is the two front runners at the moment are Kingsbury and Klieman. Nothing would make me happier than watching my KSU buddies have complete meltdowns. FWIW, Bookies.com says Campbell has the best odds based on literally nothing

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
That'd be a heckuva soft landing for Kliff. He's never done anything close to what a guy usually has to do on the resume to earn the jobs he's gotten.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I dont think its CMC going to UW.

He is a midwest guy, his family is settled, he isnt looking for a payday. And i think UW will want a "west" guy who can recruit the PNW and rockies. DeBoer at least had a couple years out west.

Of course i also thought Fred wasnt going anywhere til his kids were grown up...

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Beat writer for the Seattle Times tweeted that a coach would likely be announced today and it isn’t Grubb or Fisch.

Do you have the tweet saying it's not Fisch?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Fisch just got a new deal from Arizona yesterday.

I don't know about that reporting. They've agreed on principle, it sounds like. But the Arizona 247 guy was still reporting yesterday that Fisch had interviewed with and was interested in Arizona.

I think that article that was linked was based on the status a few weeks ago.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Word on the street is the two front runners at the moment are Kingsbury and Klieman. Nothing would make me happier than watching my KSU buddies have complete meltdowns. FWIW, Bookies.com says Campbell has the best odds based on literally nothing
I think it will be Kleimann, but if it's not him, we may be in for a rough day...

• Agree
Reactions: RagingCloner

CyState85

May 8, 2019
It is obvious that a candidate has already been hired if Grubb didn’t even get a shot at the job. The Washington AD is an Iowa native and was at UNI previously. I’m hoping Kleiman but I’m prepared for the worst.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It is obvious that a candidate has already been hired if Grubb didn’t even get a shot at the job. The Washington AD is an Iowa native and was at UNI previously. I’m hoping Kleiman but I’m prepared for the worst.

It's pretty much been assumed Kleiman told them no. He's holding out for Iowa. If we really think it down to Klieman and Campbell we are screwed.

But the Arizona 247 guy was saying last night Fisch was still in the running and said that LL had talked to them. He thinks Campbell is also in the mix, but I don't think he's said that Campbell talked to them. He's not saying anything about Klieman.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Are you favoring Zona?

I wouldn't want either but moisture's cool.
Washington State ... while visually glorious... has the most depressing weather Fall, Winter and early Spring. I've had 4 family members live there since the late 70s.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
It's pretty much been assumed Kleiman told them no. He's holding out for Iowa. If we really think it down to Klieman and Campbell we are screwed.

But the Arizona 247 guy was saying last night Fisch was still in the running and said that LL had talked to them. He thinks Campbell is also in the mix, but I don't think he's said that Campbell talked to them. He's not saying anything about Klieman.
LL is definitely the splashier hire right now, nationally. I just find the silence out of JP and our football program and Danning's familiarity with our state and CMC a tad concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron