Washington st forum

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Two nice things they've done this season. They beat Arizona twice (by 3) including a true road game. Common denominator in those games were lots of free throws (42+51). And they finished second in the Pac12.

They have a losing record in quad 2 (3-4) and they have a quad 3 loss. We are 6-1 in quad 2 and obviously superior in quad 1 as well.

They aren't real deep but yes they are tall. Their starters are listed at 6'3, 6'8, 6'8, 6'9, 6'11. Only one bench player that played is under 6'7. Starting four forwards against our pressure defense feels like our guards are going to eat up steals
Had to look after you posted their starters heights. Thought Holy **** they have a 6'8 guard? They start 1 guard, 3 forwards, and a center. I see 20+ turnovers if they start that lineup against us. No big deal anyway. Mom, King, Jones, Watson, Ward, and Biliew haven't been outmatched that I can remember. We have depth in there and we physical with anyone. Our front court is better anyway and our guards will make them look silly.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
That’s the result of starting 4 guys 6-8 or taller and not having many ballhandlers. We will get into them and make it hard for them to move the ball in the half court. And we have plenty of length ourselves. I like this matchup a lot.

Reactions: aauummm

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
They brought one big guy off the bench who was huge but insanely slow compared to our three big guys and actually I think Milan or Watson might match up even better against him in terms of just scoring at will.

It's really their Jones and I think the key is we need all three big guys available in second half without serious foul trouble. Gonna be a lot of Jones on both teams.
Ya if we can run some weave and get Milan matched against a plodder I think he will score 30.

• Winner

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
They brought one big guy off the bench who was huge but insanely slow compared to our three big guys and actually I think Milan or Watson might match up even better against him in terms of just scoring at will.

It's really their Jones and I think the key is we need all three big guys available in second half without serious foul trouble. Gonna be a lot of Jones on both teams.

Was that the mountain man looking guy Oscar? He was awful; dude looked like he was wearing concrete shoes.

If you are looking for tickets tomorrow don't buy at the top of the Wazzu section because they evidently stand the entire game.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Very dumb take by original post but I’m sure their fans for a majority don’t feel this way. 1. We wanted an Iowa team matchup. 2. We are not one bit intimidated by their size. We are big, deep and very physical. I feel like we go into this game and physically dominate them
IS this the first time Wazzou has ever been at a tournament site? The non-partisan portion of the crowd always roots for the lower rated seeds. That's the point of calling it March Madness.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
IS this the first time Wazzou has ever been at a tournament site? The non-partisan portion of the crowd always roots for the lower rated seeds. That's the point of calling it March Madness.

And I am sure there was not a single Wazzu fan in that building who was cheering for SDSU last night...

• Agree

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Iowa St fans that grew up in Central Iowa see Drake as a little brother. I enjoy watching them and hitting a Sunday game now and then. Easy parking and pretty good seats usually available. I usually park at the post office and pregame a bit at West End next door.
The Knapp is a good place to see a game and pretty cheap GA tickets are available. And they serve beer.

• Agree
Reactions: ClonesFTW

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
I saw WSU in the game they won at Arizona. I was rooting for them because I always root against Az. They looked ok, not bad, but Az played pretty poorly. I came away from that game wondering how the heck is Az a top 10 team, they didn't even look like a top 25 team that game. I didn't leave with the impression that WSU was some incredible team. Az just played poorly at home for some reason.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
If we push the ball and move the ball, we will be fine, if we turn into trying to beat them 46 to 43 it will get a lot tougher.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
  • Agree
Reactions: Cyballzz

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I think Iowa State vs UConn in the Elite 8 is gonna be this years championship. UConn is really solid, and I don’t like that game will be in Boston.
Gilbert has this edge to him right now and I don't want to bet against it.