Washington State game thoughts

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I am maybe OK with the new charge/block rule, but I hate the cylinder rule. They got it wrong against Tre. It's a pure judgement call. They need to make it either a reviewable call, or make it like a kicked ball call - side out with a fresh 20 seconds. You can't make a judgement foul call for someone not even touching the ball handler.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I can tell you section 126 was getting ugly between fans. 5 wsu fans refused to sit down the entire game. Not once did they sit and they were obnoxious about it. Turning around and instigating Creighton and ISU fans behind them. It was getting ugly. It was very close to fists flying on several occasions.

• Wow
Reactions: salennon07

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
I can tell you section 126 was getting ugly between fans. 5 wsu fans refused to sit down the entire game. Not once did they sit and they were obnoxious about it. Turning around and instigating Creighton and ISU fans behind them. It was getting ugly. It was very close to fists flying on several occasions.
Why do folks on here continually try to tell us how much kinship we should have with schools like KSU and WSU? YUCK! Both of those teams’ fanbases have more in common with the Hawkeye faithful than they ever will with Cyclone fans.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Why do folks on here continually try to tell us how much kinship we should have with schools like KSU and WSU? YUCK! Both of those teams’ fanbases have more in common with the Hawkeye faithful than they ever will with Cyclone fans.

I remember way back when, and we're talking the '90's here, when I was going to school at UNI and drove down for a Saturday football game between UNI and ISU. This was Troy Davis era football. During the third quarter, I think, a group of ISU students came over with the specific purpose of starting sh!t with UNI students and fans. One of them even pushed me in an attempt to start a fight. I was sober, he wasn't, so I didn't take the bait.

Point is that every single fan base in the whole damn country has at least a few obnoxious d*ouchebags. In our case some of them like to post on here a lot. I think the common denominator is excessive alcohol consumption, naturally. But let's please not act all high and mighty when it comes to fan conduct compared to other schools.

jbclone10

Apr 11, 2008
Denver, CO
If you watched it objectively, there’s no way you thought the refs weren’t letting Iowa State get away with a ton as well. Not great refs, but it was bad equally

This. The refs weren’t good for two teams last night. Terrible calls/missed calls both ways.

My bigger issue is that the amount of contact allowed seems to change at half or throughout the game. It’s got to be hard for the players to adjust to that mid game.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
I guess no one remembers what the PAC people were saying about us and our conference in every round of realignment.
Yeah, I'm sure WSU folks were leading that drive. They were just like us fearing a collapse and hoping for it to happen somewhere else. You want to give USC, UCLA, Washington your hate, go ahead, but this logic is like blaming ISU for Texas arrogance.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
This. The refs weren’t good for two teams last night. Terrible calls/missed calls both ways.

My bigger issue is that the amount of contact allowed seems to change at half or throughout the game. It’s got to be hard for the players to adjust to that mid game.
That seems to be the theme of the season. Let tons of contact go in the first half, then tighten it up the second half, to the point of anticipating fouls that don’t happen.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I am maybe OK with the new charge/block rule, but I hate the cylinder rule. They got it wrong against Tre. It's a pure judgement call. They need to make it either a reviewable call, or make it like a kicked ball call - side out with a fresh 20 seconds. You can't make a judgement foul call for someone not even touching the ball handler.
Correct. That dude dribbled. From my understanding, when that happens, cylinder is off.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
The officials were over matched by both teams' play. Looked like they were a low mid-major crew, kind of like the TV announcers.

Reactions: FerShizzle

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
The officials were over matched by both teams' play. Looked like they were a low mid-major crew, kind of like the TV announcers.
Good Lord.

Low major crews don't get tournament games.

You had two guys (Driscoll and Adams) that have both worked multiple Final Fours and KB Burdette has worked 6 regionals.

Referees advance just like teams in the tournament. By the time you get to R32, you've got the top 1% of officials in the country.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We absolutely want refs that let it get physical like that. I think it’s part of the reason our guys aren’t begging for calls, they know the more physical the game is the better it is for ISU.

Tamin pushed off pretty hard right before one of his biggest shots. There were a handful of bad calls but nothing terrible and nothing overwhelming helping one team.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Respect opponents, particularly when they give it their all. I'm in my 70s, I can't but wonder if this is a generational difference.

It's not war, we're not killing each other in sports. So, why is sportsmanship not worthwhile?

WSU/Ore St are realizing the full impact of threat we faced 3 or 4 times. It sucks.

I’ll say I don’t see any reason the MWC can’t be a group of four conference in basketball with the SEC and Big Ten.

Reactions: alexssdean12

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Kstate was fine until they drank the Tang kool-aid. Lot of people here sore because Snyder was a better FB coach than whoever we had hired at the time. Their FB stability under Snyder is something we should hope we get with Campbell

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
After the ACC implodes Utah and ASU can stick it. They better realize they got a lifeline from the big12. Rather see mid tear ACC schools like Pitt and Louisville anyway and we'll do better. Not sure how deep the big10, sec will gouge it but we'll do better than those 2 schools anyway. Thinking Miami, NC State, Vtech might be the cut-off schools?

Visit any Utah board and 90% of them still call the Big 12 a truck stop and think Big Ten invite is 1-2 years away.

If life were fair they are in WSU’s spot. Just a lot of a-hole people. I’d have never dreamt I’d easily be on the byu side of that rivalry.