WBB: 2011-2012 schedule

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
ISU hasn't released anything yet, but we might be able to piece a few things together.

The Big 12 released the Big 10/12 challenge games this morning. ISU is @ Michigan on 12/3 or 12/4.

Big 12/Big Ten Announce Women's Basketball Challenge Matchups - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

ISU will have UNI and Iowa at home and play @ Drake.

There will be a couple pushovers in the Cyclone Challenge, probably around New Year's.

With the 18-team double round-robin conference schedule, conference games will likely start a week or so earlier this year. There will also be two fewer non-conf games.

Do we know anything else? What's happening for Thanksgiving?

EHdakota

Jun 16, 2008
Sioux Falls
I thought I saw a post about going to Reno after Thanksgiving, but was not able to find any information on the Nugget Classic website.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
The women will play two games in Reno over Thanksgiving. I talked to Coach Steyer in the Virgin Islands and she said they were going to Reno this year.

18 conference games
11 non-conference games

UNI, Drake, Iowa, Michigan, 2 in Reno, 2 games Cyclone Challenge + 3 other NC games. K-State's non-conference schedule is online, and they are done with the NC before Christmas. I'm guessing we will do the same.

The conference tourney is March 7-10, so if you keep the same rule where you get a bye week (only one game), they will start the conference schedule the week of December 26th. This allows for 10 weeks of conference play with and two weeks with only one game, which is what the Pac-12 does. They have 20 dates, and you play on 18. Their conference tourney is the same dates as ours, so I think it is comparable. It will be interesting to see if we do "travel partners" our stay like we have in the past.

Pac-12 releases 2011-2012 Basketball schedule

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
I thought I saw a post about going to Reno after Thanksgiving, but was not able to find any information on the Nugget Classic website.

Looks like another BIG10 team possibly on the schedule.
From Penn State's schedule,
Penn State University Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball

"Following the season-opening tournament, the Lady Lions embark on a four-game road trip with contests at Delaware (Thurs., Nov. 17) and South Carolina (Sun., Nov. 20), before heading to Reno, Nev. for the Nugget Classic over Thanksgiving weekend. Joining Penn State in the Nugget Classic are Iowa State, Butler and the host Nevada Wolfpack. Games will be contested on Fri., Nov. 25 and Sat., Nov. 26."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron