***WBB: 2024 Recruiting Thread***

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Hansford would be a great addition, if we could get her.
Belanger would be a good resource for Hansford to get up to speed on Iowa State. They may well know of each other though it is a stretch to think they were acquainted,. Hannah might be a good contact.

Last edited:

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Any news on Lily Hansford? Has she visited ISU or does she have a scheduled visit? I did a quick google search and found nothing current - an article said she announced she was entering the transfer portal via her Instagram account - I checked Insta and didn't see anything about visits. fbcurt or whatever his handle is would enjoy her Instagram photos.

I saw Oregon State this year but don't remember Lily Hansford. From the photos, it appears she's left-handed, so that would be a change-up in our rotation.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Any news on Lily Hansford? Has she visited ISU or does she have a scheduled visit? I did a quick google search and found nothing current - an article said she announced she was entering the transfer portal via her Instagram account - I checked Insta and didn't see anything about visits. fbcurt or whatever his handle is would enjoy her Instagram photos.

I saw Oregon State this year but don't remember Lily Hansford. From the photos, it appears she's left-handed, so that would be a change-up in our rotation.
Same here, I guess no news is no news.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

We already have lefty Alisa Williams coming out of the bullpen. ;)

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
We already have lefty Alisa Williams coming out of the bullpen. ;)
Really? How do you know? Does she lead with her left hand when she high-fives?

Though board experts have already named her the starting "4", I'm just looking forward to actually seeing the young lady play!

ChiClone22

Mar 19, 2022
Is AminaMuhammad, 6’4” forward on the radar? She entered the portal after two seasons at Texas.

Very athletic 4 with great length. Always thought she was underutilized at TX.

College bio @ TX

#63 out of high school with scouting notes such as this: “Athletic-4 competes on the glass, plays at the rim; superb in transition game; active in the paint, alters shots; developing offensive arsenal with next level possibilities. (Olson)”

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
It seems like some want to act like she is an unknown quantity. To some of us she is, to the coaches and others I am sure they have learned a tremendous amount, in practice and being around her everyday. Recruiting is surely based on what they have seen. This is the same as the red-shirts on the men's team. A year of being on campus is a big plus. Should be a fun year, still hoping for a backup 5.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Really? How do you know? Does she lead with her left hand when she high-fives?

Though board experts have already named her the starting "4", I'm just looking forward to actually seeing the young lady play!

Saw some video of her practicing at LSU. Do agree that we know NOTHING about her since she really hasn't played but a few deep bench minutes for LSU two seasons ago. HS video was not informative or impressive so we'll have to wait and see. For me, I am skeptical of her being a 4., seems based mostly on her height and build. We won't know till December and I am not going to put too much stock in summer/fall coach talk or CF scuttlebutt until than. Hell, last fall Diew was going to be playing some PG.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I thought this was a well-known thing. It is not a conjecture. Not rumor or guess.
Guys - I was just kidding around - I wasn't suggesting Boxster was wrong!

If I ever read Alisa's profile before, I had forgotten she was left-handed. I've never seen the young lady play - the profile section on her HS career says she's a "left-handed guard", yet people are suggesting she'll start at the 4 and be an improvement over Bristow. Strikes me as slightly premature, but whatever - the board is off-kilter today, likely because it's overcast and raining.

I'm a big admirer of UT's Amina Muhammad - tremendous athlete with a high motor and a mean streak. She'd be a great front-court compliment to Audi if she'd consider transferring to ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron