WBB: Fernstrom leaving ISU

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Do I respect Fennelly? Yes. Would I personally want to play for Fennelly? No. He's a hard ***, which some people can handle and some people can't...

I personally know someone who was the trainer of an opposing B12 women's team and she said its very well known that Bill does not tolerate personal relationships within the program. I kind of thought, big deal, we all know that. And she said it is a big deal, and when you travel together and see some of the drama behind the doors, its very normal that a lot of teams have players that are involved with each other.

isudoc03

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2006
I personally know someone who was the trainer of an opposing B12 women's team and she said its very well known that Bill does not tolerate personal relationships within the program. I kind of thought, big deal, we all know that. And she said it is a big deal, and when you travel together and see some of the drama behind the doors, its very normal that a lot of teams have players that are involved with each other.

Seems a little ironic since his son married a player.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I went to high school with a player who ended up playing at Iowa and the team was a veritable soap opera with all of the love triangles going on.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Friends with a lady who quit ISU basketball, was before bills time, due to the relationships happening.

Had one player who hit on me during college. Didnt know if I was imagining or not. Later a friend of hers and mine told me she was straight.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Extremely disappointing to lose such a solid contributor right in the middle of the season.

Great way to thank your current teammates!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Seems a little ironic since his son married a player.
Why would that be ironic if Bill runs a program is more in line with what his values are?
And our runaway winner for non-sequitur of the day goes......here.
Just adding information.
I went to high school with a player who ended up playing at Iowa and the team was a veritable soap opera with all of the love triangles going on.
Basically the same thing I was told at a different school.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So far here, we have 2 lines of speculation that are completely opposite and bordering on offensive. Well played everyone.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Why would that be ironic if Bill runs a program is more in line with what his values are?

Just adding information.

as far as running a program based on his values, I think there's a difference between discriminating and not wanting relationships to screw up your team.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
as far as running a program based on his values, I think there's a difference between discriminating and not wanting relationships to screw up your team.

I agree. I'm not saying that any of that is happening with this or anyone else. Just letting people know what is highly aware among the Big 12 circles.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
In a tough stretch of the schedule here too. Hopefully they can hang on and pull off some victories.

@TTU - Was a "should" win game - now first game without Bry
@OSU - Was already going to be a tough one even with Bry
BU - Probably not going to happen even with Bry
TCU - Improved but still probably a win
OU - Tough game
@KU - "Should" win regardless
UT - Loss
@WVU - Tough

Right now I would guess we win 2 out of those 8 (TCU and either TTU OR @KU)

isudoc03

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2006

Just adding information.

i think it's ironic if Bill frowns upon relationships within the program when his son(assistant coach) married a player that was in the program.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
i think it's ironic if Bill frowns upon relationships within the program when his son(assistant coach) married a player that was in the program.
I don't think you're getting it. Relationships that the ladies have with each other.

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames

doesn't that mean there's someone else in the program too?

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves with this subject. Speculation is fine and usually par for the course, but some of this is bordering on the absurd.