WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
They were top ten in attendance and lead the Big Ten in both Gustafson's senior year and the Doyle post-Megan pre-Clark year.

Granted it will be hard to match the perfect storm of Clark but there seems to be a perception on CF that Iowa WBB hasn't been a draw prior to that.

Until the Clark effect, they were the 2nd best attended WBB program in the state. I'm guessing they will drop back to that in about 4 yrs.

ISU's attendance actually was picking up at the end of the year. Still plenty of good balcony seating available but definitely fuller than the beginning of the yr.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
:)
They were top ten in attendance and lead the Big Ten in both Gustafson's senior year and the Doyle post-Megan pre-Clark year.

Granted it will be hard to match the perfect storm of Clark but there seems to be a perception on CF that Iowa WBB hasn't been a draw prior to that.
I'm sold! Who will join me and split season tickets at Carver-HE. I can't afford them alone, and think of being in an arena named after a Carver!

• Haha
Reactions: carvers4math

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not a surprise.

Man, the pessimistic chatter I was seeing from some Hawk fans is that they couldn't compete with NIL from LSU and others. Guess that was not true. Pretty huge get. Seems like a good fit for both player and school/team.

Cysister

Mar 18, 2008
Dubuque, IA
Also saw that this morning. Other than Lauren Jensen to Creighton I can't think off the top of my head of gals who have transferred out of Iowa. And only Feuerbach and Davis as transfers in.
Megan Meyer transferred to Drake, Taiwo transferred to TCU for her Covid year, and Wetering transferred as an underclassman to UNI, I think.

They lost 3 starters and their top reserve. They return 9 plus Ava Jones and signed 5. Feuerbach and Affolter at guard and Stuelke and O’Grady at C/F are the only players with much playing time.

They needed another experienced player. There will be plenty of playing time. As UConn has shown, there is a difference sitting on the bench for a team playing for championships and sitting on a bench for a team not playing for championships.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Megan Meyer transferred to Drake, Taiwo transferred to TCU for her Covid year, and Wetering transferred as an underclassman to UNI, I think.

They lost 3 starters and their top reserve. They return 9 plus Ava Jones and signed 5. Feuerbach and Affolter at guard and Stuelke and O’Grady at C/F are the only players with much playing time.

They needed another experienced player. There will be plenty of playing time. As UConn has shown, there is a difference sitting on the bench for a team playing for championships and sitting on a bench for a team not playing for championships.
They lost four regular season starters (CC, Martin, Marshall, Davis).

It is a nice pick up for Iowa; however, she is not CC and their fans need to temper their expectations of Olsen. She is not the second coming of CC, and her 3-point shooting is not in the same league as CC.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
They lost four regular season starters (CC, Martin, Marshall, Davis).

It is a nice pick up for Iowa; however, she is not CC and their fans need to temper their expectations of Olsen. She is not the second coming of CC, and her 3-point shooting is not in the same league as CC.

I hope Hawk fans have sky high expectations then turn on her if she doesn't meet them Hawk meltdowns are fun to watch.

undersized_post

Apr 18, 2021
Of these three, only Wetering transferred on bad terms. Not sure why but they all unfollowed each other on social media after she left which says a lot these days.

• Informative
Reactions: BoxsterCy

Help Support Us

Become a patron