**** WBB: ISU vs #4 Baylor Saturday 12 pm ESPN+ GAME THREAD ****

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Who: Iowa State (11-4, 4-0 Big 12) vs. No. 4 Baylor (14-1, 3-1 Big 12)

Where: Hilton Coliseum – Ames, Iowa

When: Saturday, January 13, 2024 – 12:00 p.m. CT

WATCH: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
PxP: John Walters Analyst: Molly Parrott

LISTEN: Cyclone Radio Network – Varsity App or Radio Affiliates
PxP: Noah Wolf Analyst: Jamie Steyer Johnson

LIVE STATS

ISUWBB1stHalf-15_hdnoU.jpg

Link to full preview from Iowa State:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Game is a go and since it's a noon start I thought I'd do the game thread a little early so peeps could chat some pre-game.

Baylor is in town for those who didn't know. They came to Ames after their game in Lawrence. Believe that was their plan all along but worked out well for everyone considering the dual storms that have hit Iowa.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Game is a go and since it's a noon start I thought I'd do the game thread a little early so peeps could chat some pre-game.

Baylor is in town for those who didn't know. They came to Ames after their game in Lawrence. Believe that was their plan all along but worked out well for everyone considering the dual storms that have hit Iowa.

We let them practice in our facility? Doesn't sound like something Baylor would do for us.

Frog

May 6, 2021
We let them practice in our facility? Doesn't sound like something Baylor would do for us.
They would probably let us practice in the parking lot if had same snowy cold weather.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
The lop-sided Baylor loss at KU gave reason to pause - how did they do it? Baylor starts four guards and they shot poorly. KU pounded it inside to Taiyanna Jackson and she dominated, with 29 points and 19 boards. Since we have a strong inside presence, I think we’ve got a puncher’s chance. We followed the Texas blueprint to beat WVU and we’ll follow the KU plan to challenge Baylor. ISU in another upset, 69-68! Let’s go State!

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The lop-sided Baylor loss at KU gave reason to pause - how did they do it? Baylor starts four guards and they shot poorly. KU pounded it inside to Taiyanna Jackson and she dominated, with 29 points and 19 boards. Since we have a strong inside presence, I think we’ve got a puncher’s chance. We followed the Texas blueprint to beat WVU and we’ll follow the KU plan to challenge Baylor. ISU in another upset, 69-68! Let’s go State!

Jackson scoring more than 15 and not fouling out is the anomaly of the season so far. As in Kansas scoring 87. About as unexpected as any game this season.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

I heard an interview with Coach Collen during the BU men's inaugural game at their new arena. She made the comment that their new facility should help them with a "home-court advantage" & mentioned how intimidating it was to play at ISU because of "our crowd". (Not an exact quote, but she definitely said Hilton was a tough environment & hoped that their new arena would give BU an advantage).

Made me smile to hear CNC say that. Hopefully the fans that are able to come tomorrow can show BU how intimidating Hilton can be even in a blizzard warning!

Reactions: Cycsk

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Really wanted to be at this one because it's Baylor and return of DF. But weather is too brutal to attempt a go when it can be watched online in the safety of home.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Sadly we’ve decided not to make the two hour trip in the nasty weather. I def feel badly about not being there to support the ladies as they take Baylor down.
Same here--Not making the drive today. Roads and cold not a good combo

Last edited:

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Same here--Not making the drive today. Roads and cold not a food combo
yeah, sad day. We get a very rare conference-game home double header with men's and women's games and I'm snowed in - our road is completely impassable.

Will be cheering on loudly from my couch.

If anyone wants free wbb tickets, send me a message. I have 4 reserved + 2 JCC tickets (so 6 total). May have 4 free mbb tickets too - just waiting to hear back from my brother.

GO CYCLONES!!!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

So, we may get to see a shootout with Crooks scoring 30+. I like that we can score from inside or outside. Hope the double teams on Crooks also lead to open shots from Diew and Bristow.