WBB - ISU vs Iowa

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was reading it too. There is a galaring error in it that made me laugh..was it on purpose?

Link for the strong of will:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...13/misc_non_event/12-05_Bluder_Transcript.pdf

Wow, Hallie has grown! And time sure flies; it seems like just yesterday she was just starting her career at ISU. Good thing Anna will be back next year.

If people are going to pick on Fennelly saying that his team is like a family and try to spin it that it is anti lesbian; I think I'll pick on Bluder for saying that she and Fennelly aren't really friends (that is okay) but then following it up by talking about the coaching sorority. Are they not friends because she discriminates against men, especially male coaches?

:jimlad:

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Will someone post an analysis for this game- with and without Pop? Realtime projects the Hawks to win 76-69. They have played a stronger schedule, but, they lost to the stronger teams other than WVU.

Dale

Mar 5, 2010
Chicagoland
Sagarin has it as a pick-em, which seems about right. I'd call Iowa State the slight favorite with Poppens playing and Iowa the slight favorite without.

RealTimeRPI generally gives a lot of juice to the home team -- more than is warranted in most situations, I'd argue. For example, look at Iowa's next game @Drake, where Iowa is favored to win by only one point. There's no way Iowa State at home is a more winnable game than Drake on the road.

Last edited:

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Here's the scoup as I see it. There are two cogs to Iowa's success. Johnson and Printy. If you don't guard Printy she will make you pay. If you foul her she will kill you at the line. If you guard her you can shut her off like a light switch. Doolittle and Logic are both capable of scoring but are very inconsistent. Then there is Johnson. No one has been able to stop Johnson. She has consistently scored in double figures and can do it at the line or from the field. So the question is how State attacks them defensively. Do you shut down the perimeter and not double down on Johnson or do you take chances with one of the guards and collapse on Johnson. The worst case scenario is if Iowa happens to have multiple people get hot early. Our defense has to be energetic and tight. No stupid fouls. We are definitely capable of shutting them down.

Then there is the other end of the court. How do they guard us? We have depth like we've not had in years. Our posts can cause real matchup problems. Can we get Johnson in foul trouble and put her on the bench? Will our sharpshooters be on?

My guess is this. Iowa won't be able to stop ISU defensively. ISU does enough on the defensive end to disrupt Iowa's offensive flow. State wins in double digits.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Will someone post an analysis for this game- with and without Pop? Realtime projects the Hawks to win 76-69. They have played a stronger schedule, but, they lost to the stronger teams other than WVU.

Although nothing should surprise fans at Iowa given our recent track record... I will be surprised if Iowa scores 76 points against ISU's defense. Just should not happen.

p.s. If you listen to Fennelly's media conference from Monday, someone asked him about his relationship with Bluder, and he kind of talked around the question but basically said they are not friends either.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I would so like to get this game, ordered a package that would get me the game today but I doubt they will get here to deliver the extra channels today. Nuts! I should have done this several days ago, but I had trouble figuring out what I could get and couldn't and what I would have to do to get it. I sure hope the big 12 or ISU gets something going where out of state alumni can get their conference games soon. It is big for me, especially in the winter with ISU basketball. Life without Cyclones is hard.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I have more faith in the women in these upcoming games. While the Hawkeye women may be good, our guards right now are hard to believe good. Therefore, I have confidence.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If you listen to Fennelly's media conference from Monday, someone asked him about his relationship with Bluder, and he kind of talked around the question but basically said they are not friends either.

Yeah, I heard that. Clearly there is no love lost. That is why I said in my post I don't have an issue with her saying they aren't friends. I was mostly flinging crap at how people twist Fennelly's words into a pretzel to come up with intolerance or discrimination against lesbians.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
You are afraid they will have a letdown. Well, I doubt that, but it is possible. Poppens, I began to check around, and they are obviously keeping the decision under wraps. However, I looked under Chelsea's twitter, and she also is keeping it under wraps apparently, but talks like she is good. I don't expect to see her. I will listen on the radio probably. #@(()$!!!!!

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Leaving for the game now - what's with this "Black Out" that they are promoting, along with the home team wearing black? There will probably be more red in the stands than black anyway...

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Yeah, I heard that. Clearly there is no love lost. That is why I said in my post I don't have an issue with her saying they aren't friends. I was mostly flinging crap at how people twist Fennelly's words into a pretzel to come up with intolerance or discrimination against lesbians.

The lesbian thing started while Bluder was at Drake. She threw that card out there for a prized recruit (that she ended up getting) and made it seem as if Bill was creating a hostile and intolerant environment at ISU.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The lesbian thing started while Bluder was at Drake. She threw that card out there for a prized recruit (that she ended up getting) and made it seem as if Bill was creating a hostile and intolerant environment at ISU.

Actually the lesbian thing has been around for thousands of years.

Thank you! I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron