WBB: Kennedy-Hopoate transferring out

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
...per Ian Murphy of the Trib and Tommy Birch of the Register, among others. There's a press release calling it a "mutual decision", but it isn't online yet.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well there went an inside player for next yr. I thought she held her own pretty well until she got hurt late in the season.

• Agree
Reactions: mitten1975

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Pretty generic as expected. There is depth with two new post players next year (albeit young ones). We can only hope that Mere works her butt off in the off season and can become more of a presence underneath.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
...per Ian Murphy of the Trib and Tommy Birch of the Register, among others. There's a press release calling it a "mutual decision", but it isn't online yet.

This stuff is not even surprising anymore- the surprise will be if she is the only one. The question is not who transfers, it is how many? We have been young the past three seasons and will be again for a fourth straight season. Yes, we want people who want to be here. We also want them to feel like they are welcome and they feel that way based upon how they are treated and coached.

63-60 record for this program over the past 4 seasons, it is not because Bill cannot coach- it is because he can't retain enough of his players and has been hitting the reset button

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Pretty generic as expected. There is depth with two new post players next year (albeit young ones). We can only hope that Mere works her butt off in the off season and can become more of a presence underneath.
If you look at it, Mere and BKH had nearly identical numbers from this year.

Kristin Scott is another that I would look for improvement from.

Reactions: acoustimac

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
That's disappointing to read. I had hoped that a strong off season and a full year in the program would have allowed her to excel next season. She'd shown some good promise before she got hurt.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'll be the ass hole.

BF is one of the greatest Cyclones of all time, but the program has no upward momentum. Time to pull the plug on the lifetime contract.

This is where I've been for the last few years as well. BF has been able to recruit solid players but obviously his style of play pushes a lot of the good ones out the door. It's time for Bill to step down and I hate saying that because he has done so much for ISU womens hoops.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I have grudgingly been quiet when the latter part of Bill's tenure is discussed but it has gotten ridiculous. Enough is enough.

I don't get how a guy who is so universally pleasant, polite and thankful to those around the AD and Hilton can flip the switch and push so many players to want to leave.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I hate to lose her but I am not surprised. This year we had 3 post players and next year we would have had 4. Anyone who has followed the program knows Mer is one of the favored ones so that means 4 people sharing the playing time. Players want to play and most of those who have left the program all wanted more playing time. I have posted in the past payers today want to play as much as possible. The only player that I see that might leave is Nia. My hope is this is the only player to leave and we get ready for next year.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'll be the ass hole.

BF is one of the greatest Cyclones of all time, but the program has no upward momentum. Time to pull the plug on the lifetime contract.

Disagree. I thought BF did some incredible recruiting and had great momentum . . . for a while.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'll be the ass hole.

We need an alert so that we can Agree with the first part and Disagree with the second part! ;)

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I have grudgingly been quiet when the latter part of Bill's tenure is discussed but it has gotten ridiculous. Enough is enough.

I don't get how a guy who is so universally pleasant, polite and thankful to those around the AD and Hilton can flip the switch and push so many players to want to leave.

I have kind of stopped commenting about it for the last few years because the the guy has a lifetime contract, and it seems like a moot point.

Many times the consensus is that BF's behavior style "runs off the weak ones". I won't disagree with that. But I also wonder if after players experience the basketball strategy/system for awhile, they come to the conclusion that it just won't work in today's WBB atmosphere. When is the last time ISU has had a post with the size and physicality to truly compete with what the majority of the Big 12 has? Maybe kids just get tired of getting thrown out there and getting beat up by bigger, stronger players.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron