WBB Recruiting

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Recent Ames Trib article on Caitlin Clark

https://www.amestrib.com/sports/201...rk-considering-national-powers-local-colleges

I have zero inside info, but these quotes have me thinking Notre Dame is in the lead:

“I am seriously considering them and I think it aligns with my faith well,” Clark said about Notre Dame, a Catholic school in Indiana. “The school part of it is a big deal. You’re getting a great education, which is more important than basketball.”

“Being on the national scale,” she said of what she’s most anticipating in college. “TV games and things like that. Big crowds. That’s the stuff you grow up watching, so that’s what you dream of.”

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
UCONN could still be in there too, but there seems to be little mention in that article of such. I could see her being lured to the potent Irish on the basis of Faith. Sure would be a strong way for her to defend her decision.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Recent Ames Trib article on Caitlin Clark

https://www.amestrib.com/sports/201...rk-considering-national-powers-local-colleges

I have zero inside info, but these quotes have me thinking Notre Dame is in the lead:

“I am seriously considering them and I think it aligns with my faith well,” Clark said about Notre Dame, a Catholic school in Indiana. “The school part of it is a big deal. You’re getting a great education, which is more important than basketball.”

“Being on the national scale,” she said of what she’s most anticipating in college. “TV games and things like that. Big crowds. That’s the stuff you grow up watching, so that’s what you dream of.”

Got me wondering how many five stars select non-top tier teams. Per @Geewagos favorite Prospects Nation:

Where Five-Stars went in 2018
Baylor (3)
Texas (2)
UConn (2)
Tennessee (2)
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Maryland
Stanford

Where Five-Stars have committed for 2019

South Carolina (3)
Stanford (2)
Notre Dame (2)
Maryland (2)
Tennessee
Mississippi State
Oklahoma
Louisville
UCLA

Mostly Top 10 type teams with the exception of the Sooners and UCLA and UCLA’s was an LA gal.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Caitlin Clark seems to be on a lot of peoples radar. Saw a piece about her today on Horn Fans. Guess they'd like to have her too. High demand

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Caitlin Clark seems to be on a lot of peoples radar. Saw a piece about her today on Horn Fans. Guess they'd like to have her too. High demand

I'd put TCU in the near zero probability of landing a Top 10 5-star from outside of Texas. ;)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Horn fans, not Horn Frogs

Oops! :oops:

tenor.gif

Last edited:

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
ISU Recruit Lex Donarski held her own matched up against Hopkins the #1 big school team in Minn who feature a bunch of D1 players including Paige Bueckers who some consider the #1 recruit in 2020. Danarski outscored Bueckers 33 / 10,

Hopkins (Minn.) 82, Aquinas 61

HOPKINS, Minn. — The Blugolds (19-1) had a 47-game winning streak snapped by the top-ranked team in Minnesota’s largest class.
Junior Lexi Donarski made two 3-pointers and scored 33 points for Aquinas, which last lost a regular-season game against Wisconsin Rapids Assumption on Feb. 18, 2016, and won 63 in a row since. Courtney Becker added eight points and Jacy Weisbrod seven for the top-ranked Blugolds.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-10_18-29-11.png
    upload_2019-2-10_18-29-11.png
    96 bytes · Views: 7

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
ISU Recruit Lex Donarski held her own matched up against Hopkins the #1 big school team in Minn who feature a bunch of D1 players including Paige Bueckers who some consider the #1 recruit in 2020. Danarski outscored Bueckers 33 / 10,

HOPKINS, Minn. — The Blugolds (19-1) had a 47-game winning streak snapped by the top-ranked team in Minnesota’s largest class.
Junior Lexi Donarski made two 3-pointers and scored 33 points for Aquinas, which last lost a regular-season game against Wisconsin Rapids Assumption on Feb. 18, 2016, and won 63 in a row since. Courtney Becker added eight points and Jacy Weisbrod seven for the top-ranked Blugolds.

Short video from game.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/lexi-donarski/YYBkrmTiEea-8KA2nzwbTA/default.htm

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Who is the lead recruiter on her? Or is it BF himself?
My niece goes to the games and says she has seen three different Iowa State Coaches.

It's hard to believe it won't be until 2020 to see Lexi in Ames. She seems ready for Div. 1.

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Along with Clark players we still might be in on:
Leilani Kapinus, PG 2020 Uncommitted
Emily Ryan PG, 2020 Uncommitted
Callin Hake G 2022 Uncommitted

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It would be hard to pass up ND as far as after graduation connections in the business world. That being said it all depends on what she wants to do after school. Sure would be nice to sign her though.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It would be hard to pass up ND as far as after graduation connections in the business world. That being said it all depends on what she wants to do after school. Sure would be nice to sign her though.

Or Stanford #Greenfield, although she wasn't a "star" in college she did get to play in two Final Fours. Hard to pass up legit shots at a Final Four sometime in a four year college career.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Along with Clark players we still might be in on:
Leilani Kapinus, PG 2020 Uncommitted
Emily Ryan PG, 2020 Uncommitted
Callin Hake G 2022 Uncommitted

Here's a partial list of players we seem to be interested in (including StClone's list above). We have three 2020 verbals already (Donarski, Feuerbach, Joens), but we could conceivably pick up one or two more in that class.

2020:
Caitlin Clark
Leilani Kapinus
Taylor Lauterbach
Lauren Ware
Emilie Lafond
Emily Ryan
Yvonne Ejim

2021:
Avery Van Sickle
Ally VanTimmeren
Payton Verhulst
Greta Kampschroeder
Zakia Rasheed
Katie Dinnebier

2022:
Mallory Heyer
Hannah Stuelke
Ava Hawthorne
Lauren Betts
Callin Hake

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Players like Lallani Kapinus, Zachia Rasheed, & Taylor Lauterbach are the type of players Bill needs to focus on. Bring in 2 or 3 like that every year and things will really get exciting. Of course Caitlin Clark would be a big door prize. Seems to me too many big boys are already camping on her doorstep.